- 8-10 years of relevant experience with a significant background and/or interest in leading and managing communications initiatives
- Experience in senior stakeholder management and understanding of how best to navigate and mobilize across McKinsey practices and functions
- Superb ability to anticipate potential risk and navigate the firm to syndicate and/or resolve another way quickly
- Excellent content campaign management skills
- Demonstrated record of writing communications materials (messaging, Q&A, media statements, etc.) and planning documents (memos, leadership updates, strategic communications plans, etc.)
- Strong strategic capability, project management skills and willingness to act tactically when required
- Experience of working with large, complex organizations and a proven ability to balance the needs of different stakeholders
- Team-builder and collaborator; outstanding ability to build strong, durable networks
- Agile and flexible work style; comfortable managing in uncertainty
- Successful experience operating at the top of organizations with regular exposure to senior decision-makers internally and externally; proven success in influencing senior management in a dynamic, changing environment
- Fluency in English; competency in other languages is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Toronto, Canada office as part of our Alliances & Acquisitions team.
You will collaborate closely with a diverse team of communications, publishing, practice management, professional development and recruiting colleagues. You will have day to day interactions with the Alliances & Acquisitions COO and digital communication teams. There will be frequent interaction with global firm and digital communication practice leaders as well as founders from the acquired companies. You will also collaborate with external marketing and communications teams from our core technology platform alliances.
You will collaborate with leaders and acquisition founders to craft each transaction's vision and strategy that is well-aligned with communications/HR strategic priorities. You will collaborate closely with colleagues to help execute the acquisition launch plan (e.g. internal communications, social media, analyst outreach, PR agency management) . You will also prepare senior leaders and acquisition founders to serve as spokespeople for external and internal activities (e.g. media interviews, speaking engagements, social media, internal town halls, etc.).
What You'll Do
You will consult with Alliances & Acquisitions leadership to understand priorities for tech platform alliances and develop communications strategy to support it.
You will work in acquisitions to help set and execute the communications strategy for new acquisitions in close coordination with key relevant functions. You will create a timeline for the first 100 days of the communications plan on each transaction that is consistent with integration plan and work with local offices and sub-regions to tailor plans to capture unique communications opportunities locally. You will manage the communications execution during the transaction to ensure efficient execution of the strategy as well as prepare and own key communications documents leading up to the transaction. You will establish playbook for acquisitions to streamline future announcements including key deliverables, work-back plan and best practice communications plan for the first 100 days. You will also track launch metrics and ROI across communications channels, share with leaders and founders, and build learnings and insights into ongoing integration plans.
Your work will involve crafting and maintaining key messages to tell the story of McKinsey's ecosystem strategy and its impact as well as translating this story into key external documents such as service line page on McKinsey.com, McKinsey partner page on vendor websites and internal communications. You will manage overall alliances/partnerships communications program by balancing McKinsey's reputation and risks and experimenting with innovative channels and ways of working.
You will serve as communications lead touchpoint for engagement with alliance service teams and the tech vendor for external collaborations. You will manage webinar series, working in collaboration with the alliance service teams, partners and alliances, including disseminating the news across internal and external channels. You will lead prioritization and reviews of the co-marketing requests from alliance partners and syndicate potential risk issues with key firm stakeholders. You will advocate for digital communication topics to be shared across partnership/alliance channels to help grow our brand externally in this space. You will connect office leadership to possible client impact opportunities. You will also monitor and track the activity and performance for alliances to be shared with the communications team and leadership.