FinDev Canada, a subsidiary of Export Development Canada, supports businesses in developing countries with the potential to create jobs, empower women and help mitigate climate change. The private sector has a key role to play as a main driver of economic growth and development. development finance institutions (DFIs) are critical instruments to facilitate and optimize the contribution of private investment to development. They respond to the specific challenges faced by companies operating in developing countries in getting access to the finance necessary to grow their business, they do so while remaining financially self-sustaining.
As Canada’s DFI, FinDev Canada complements other tools and programs of Canada’s Development Assistance. FinDev Canada aspires to contribute to the field of development finance with an innovative, collaborative and business-minded approach. Through its action it seeks to generate positive impacts in terms of job creation, women economic empowerment and climate change mitigation.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of highly committed and talented professionals passionate about contributing to building an inclusive and sustainable private sector in developing countries.
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Associate to help execute FinDev Canada's marketing and communications strategy. They will be responsible for helping coordinate the development and dissemination of communications materials, working in collaboration with internal teams and external contributors and partners. As part of the Marketing and Communications Team, they will also provide key support to the Corporate Affairs and Stakeholder Relations team.
- Develops and coordinates lines of communication within the organization among employees and outside the organization, as well as manages relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Participates in the planning and developing, and helps execute communications in support of FinDev Canada’s objectives, using a framework and guidance, in response to planned and ad hoc communication requests.
- Analyzes the communications environment and audience needs.
- Researches, writes, edits and maintains timely and relevant content including news items, success stories that reflect key messages.
- Provides support on the planning and implementation of social media and web-based content.
- Supports the Stakeholder Relations management function, ensuring the administration of key external relations, including FinDev Canada’s advisory council and leading on key outreach initiatives towards a variety of stakeholder groups in Canada and beyond.
- Supports in the management and planning of certain corporate events and sponsorships, including logistics, guest management, liaison with external service providers and social media and communications.
- Oversees the translation of documents (e.g., website content, press releases).
- Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Media, Marketing or related field is desired
- 1-2 years (Associate, Level 1) or 3-5 years (Associate, Level 2) of experience in journalism, marketing, communications, creative writing or multimedia production
- Bilingual with exceptional writing skills and oral and written command of both official languages (English and French)
- Experience in content creation, especially for digital media
- Experience in financial marketing and communications
- Experience in social media management
- Experience/exposure to communications in other countries
- Additional languages (Spanish)
- Associate, level 1: $45,700 – 68,500, plus performance-based incentive
- Associate, level 2: $53,400 – $80,200, plus performance-based incentive
**Please note that we will consider candidates at the level 1 and level 2, depending on the incumbent's qualifications**
HOW TO APPLY
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday, June 25 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.