Calgary, AB, Canada Req #17
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
SMART is helping educators and businesses succeed all over the world. Our Technology empowers teachers, students, and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, inspiring breakthroughs
- from improved learning outcomes to moving businesses forward.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Global Brand Manager, the role of the Social Media Contractor is to support SMART's business objectives though the use of owned and non-owned social properties including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, the SMART blog, and other relevant platforms. The Social Media Contractor will be responsible for day to day posting, monitoring and community management, social listening and proactive outreach, building and running targeted paid campaigns, and other associated tasks. They will execute on the content strategy and contribute to awareness and demand generation efforts. They are also responsible for reporting and analytics, and communication about social media performance to all relevant teams and stakeholders.
The successful candidate is passionate about the way people and organizations learn and connect with one another online, engaging in real conversations with SMART target audiences and driving tangible business growth
- including driving both leads and awareness metrics. A passion for and understanding of the education industry is a key asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and grow SMART's online communities as a key part of the overall brand/learn strategy and goals. Maintain a consistent brand voice and identity according to brand guidelines.
- Engage with online communities across all channels and platforms as an authorized representative of SMART Technologies.
- Contribute to the content marketing and campaign strategies and social media campaign planning, anticipating the needs of the business through regular communication and collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Support a rolling social media roadmap and be accountable to a month-by-month editorial calendar, incorporating content marketing, influencer marketing, and community management on SMART-owned and public online channels.
- Drive consistent posting to key social media sites, promoting thought leadership, brand engagement, embedded use cases for products, product announcements and conversation. In addition to conversational relationship-building, a typical day would include 6-10 scheduled Twitter posts, one-two scheduled Facebook posts, and one LinkedIn post, and a livestream. Posts are pre-scheduled for weekends, statutory holidays and vacations, with afterhours engagement monitoring supported by colleagues.
- Drive monthly reporting of key metrics including impressions, engagement, and audience growth. Support the brand dashboard with key metrics, and support the regular dissemination of social results.
- Develop and maintain awareness of education and technology industry news and trends, related to and adjacent to SMART.
- Perform other duties as required
- At least two years' experience in a marketing role with digital marketing and digital metrics responsibilities.
- Strong sense of brand and editorial voice; able to harmonize messages across channels with a creative eye for design.
- Prior social media planning, execution, and listening required. Proven ability to drive above-average engagement across platforms, and proven ability to drive tangible results for programs and campaigns.
- Experience and understanding of paid social advertising.
- Experience with social media management platforms is a requirement.
- Familiarity with HubSpot is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn SMART solutions (interconnected hardware, software, and service offerings) and adapt to new integrations and technologies.
- Highly motivated, energetic and eager to get projects over the finish line.
- Excellent written verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with an ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical ability to report on results against a KPI framework.
- Troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with other teams to ensure proper alignment.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate content marketing skills through prior work experience.
- Familiarity with Google AdWords and Google Analytics is an asset.
- Design ability including Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, and photography/video skills an asset.
Education and work experience
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent job experience
- HubSpot and/or Hootsuite certification is an asset
- Experience in the K-12 education market and/or the technology industry is an asset
- This position does not have any direct reports
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business.
- Job Family UCE
- Job Function Employee IC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10