The Communications Coordinator is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of Herschel Supply's communications and influencer marketing activity. A successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of the media and influencer landscape, a detail-oriented work process, and outstanding relationship management skills. This highly cross-functional role sits on the marketing team and reports to the Manager, Communications & Partnerships.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive, and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves on being a collaborative, open-minded, and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Communications Coordinator will:
- Coordinate day-to-day communications activities and collaborate with agency partner to develop and execute PR and influencer marketing strategies
- Develop PR calendar and facilitate long and short lead press opportunities across print, digital, film, and events
- Create new and maintain existing media relationships, directly overseeing all communications activity for Canada
- Manage inbound media and influencer marketing requests-supplying assets, responding to credit checks, managing product send-outs, etc.
- Write all company press releases
- Identify and target content creators for collaborations and content opportunities
- Establish and nurture key influencer relationships including content creators, creatives, celebrities, VIPs, and other KOLs in the space
- Liaise with various cross-functional partners including Herschel's global offices, distributors, and other brands to effectively convey and align on communications strategy, distribute seasonal press assets and provide global PR support
- Assist in the execution of engaging internal communications plan including editing, writing, and distribution of content across a variety of channels such as email, newsletter, townhall, and video
- Monitor and report on communications KPIs on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Must have 2+ years experience in communications, public relations, or influencer marketing
- University degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Knowledge of public relations and familiarity with influencers in the space
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to convey complex ideas concisely and effectively
- High level of confidence and ability to network
- Superb multi-tasker with superior attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, manage deadlines, and make decisions under pressure while coordinating multiple projects at once
- Able to prioritize, manage deadlines, and make decisions under pressure
- Resourceful and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and ambition to succeed
- Existing relationships with North American media and influencers an asset