Les candidats référés ne doivent pas postuler directement pour ce poste.
Toutes les références de candidats doivent d'abord être soumises dans Workday par un collègue de Loblaw actuel.
Location: 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are hiring a Store Communications Specialist
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Store Communications, the incumbent acts as the gatekeeper for written (intranet and email) communications to Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix Associate-Owners and management teams. The incumbent reviews the quality of all messages to ensure operational consistency, accuracy, maximum understanding, and implementation at store-level. The incumbent maintains standards and protocols for store intranet, Store Communications email communication processes, and communication-related projects as assigned.
- Plans and implements all aspects related to intranet and email communications to stores (English and French); including daily publishing and email distribution accurately and in accordance with the established guidelines, expiring outdated content, maintaining mailing lists, designing web pages, assisting the various corporate and regional departments in the development, formatting, and organization of content, and updating required changes or additions to ensure communications to the stores is accurate and timely.
- Reviews all corporate store communications to ensure accuracy and intent, and identifies communications that may be operationally challenging, require further clarification or investigation, or does not adhere to the Store Operating Standards.
- Work with National Operations department or other departments to investigate and complete Operations or communications related projects, as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with Associates and colleagues.
- Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates, with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required
- French-speaking an asset.
- Retail experience an asset. Shoppers Drug Mart Store experience an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Microsoft Teams; Microsoft Sharepoint: Adobe Photoshop.
Education & Job Knowledge:
Post secondary education equivalent to a college diploma in business/communications or related field.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You'll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type: Temps plein
Type of Role: Poste contractuel offrant des avantages sociaux (Durée déterminée)
Contract Type : Durée déterminée
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.