Content Marketing Manager
HockeyShot, 7025 Langer drive Suite 115, Mississauga ON / Phone 888-417-SHOT
- Content Marketing Manager
HockeyShot is the largest online specialty retailer of hockey training equipment worldwide. Our mission is to revolutionize hockey skills around the world by offering fun, innovative and accessible tools. We are a dynamic organization that strives to deliver an unparalleled world class customer experience while delivering sustainable profitable growth.
Dedicated to creating experiences that inspire, engage, and entertain, HockeyShot Inc. is seeking a creative and dynamic Content Marketing Manager to join its team!
Are you a talented storyteller? Have you ever dreamed of leading a creative studio? Do you have a knack for creating and delivering powerful content that connects with a targeted audience? Do you have a deep understanding of how to motivate and persuade a consumer into taking action? Are you obsessed with KPI's and know how to evaluate the efficacy of content strategies/campaigns by leveraging metrics and analytics? Do you thrive in an environment that encourages you to run with an idea and bring it to life? Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, the ideal candidate will have experience leading content marketing and creative teams, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. If you are passionate about content marketing, digital marketing and social media, and have a strong grasp of content marketing fundamentals, we would love to hear from you! A passion and love for the game of hockey/other sports is a huge asset!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
CONTENT MARKETING & BRAND AWARENESS
- Strategy. Work with the marketing & e-commerce team to create and oversee a content strategy that builds brand and product awareness/understanding, increases brand equity, brand engagement and supports overall e-commerce demand generation to increase acquisition, conversion and retention. Ensure alignment with our brand strategy, marketing goals and business objectives.
- Content creation. Lead the development of video assets, copy creation, writing & editing, and leverage our in-house graphic designer for static asset production to support social, marketing & e-commerce activities including lead generation, brand/product awareness & customer experience. Responsible for creating content for use by e-commerce teams; including but not limited to website, blog & email message content.
- Content calendar. Lead and plan the development of vertically integrated annual & monthly calendars that outline product & asset focus, platform selection, consumer message and map production schedules of blogs, static assets, videos, graphics and other collateral, etc.
SOCIAL MEDIA & INFLUENCER MARKETING
- Strategy: Develop and manage our social media strategy for owned social channels and ?groups? on social platforms driving measurable growth and user engagement. Oversee content creation and curation, issues management, community engagement, develop social campaigns/promotions and lead data and analytics for organic social media efforts. Develop our influencer strategy that maximizes value for HockeyShot and ensures influencer content is on brand and delivers against company goals and objectives.
- Execution & Measurement: Create annual & monthly social calendars across all platforms. Ensure brand voice is communicated consistently throughout all digital activities and across social platforms. Work closely with the Social Media Coordinator to create, distribute, and manage social media content and campaigns. Engage bloggers and influential online voices to add brand credibility. Develop influencer content calendars & effectively manage relationships to get the most value out of partners. Lead goal setting, outline KPIs and analyze the performance of campaigns and content in order to drive & improve smart and successful campaigns. Create and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to appropriate internal and external teams.
- Monitoring & Management: Monitor conversations daily, and proactively highlight opportunities for deeper engagement and interaction. Flag customer issues and proactively direct them towards our customer experience team. Identify and introduce new and emerging social media platforms to expand brand and product reach.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, metrics, and analysis
- Strong content marketer with outstanding copywriting skills.
- Strong knowledge of the game of hockey, its culture, trends and a passion for the game.
- Thorough knowledge of social media and influencer marketing tactics.
- A proven track record of success with all mainstream digital channels and social platforms.
- Deep knowledge of creating and overseeing ROI calculation for social campaigns and content generation who ensures the collection of valuable insights that drive continuous improvement.
- Creative storyteller with a discerning eye for photography, composition, cropping, colour and image selection
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, lead and develop dynamic teams and people.
- Very strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally and influence direction and decisions when required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal.
- Very strong interpersonal skills-must be able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to present conceptual work internally and in-front of clients.
- Ability to conduct community management.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment and demonstrate resiliency to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- University degree or related education in marketing, advertising or communications.
- 5+ years' experience in marketing: content marketing, digital marketing, social media. marketing, influencer marketing or combination thereof.
- Sports/Hockey related content development is an asset.
- E-commerce experience is a key asset.
- Agency experience is an asset.
- Retail experience is an asset.
- Video production is an asset.
- Experience with social media management and publishing platforms, such as Sprout Social or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge in Social Marketing, Content Marketing and copywriting.
- Expert in Google Analytics, Social media Analytics & Microsoft Office 365's suite of software.
- Experience working within brand guidelines to write in an authentic online voice and inspire an engaged community.
HockeyShot Inc. is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with us. HockeyShot offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the role, every HockeyShot employee shares one galvanizing mission: To help revolutionize hockey skills around the world by offering fun, innovative and accessible hockey training tools.
HockeyShot Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume and any relevant work samples demonstrating your fit for this Content Marketing Manager role.
Thank you for your interest in working with HockeyShot inc.