What is the opportunity?
Are you a financially savvy individual with expertise in project control and governance? Does the prospect of driving change and presenting proactive financial advice to senior leadership resonate with you? As a Business Management Associate within RBC's Capital Markets Quantitative & Technology Services group, you bring the ability to effectively partner with internal clients and business stakeholders to drive process transformation and provide financial transparency. We are looking for a driven individual who displays a ?bring it on? attitude.
What will you do?
- Create and manage cost analytics for input into monthly, quarterly and forecast/plan presentations for senior management
- Assist with the annual budget planning process and any ad hoc financial, vendor or risk management reporting
- Assist in the implementation of platform controls with a focus on enhancing governance, ensuring data integrity and accurate reporting
- Support and consult with project managers and deployment managers on project issues, status and tracking requirements across the portfolio
- Act as a critical point person responsible for liaising with other global teams to analyze and resolve issues and queries related to the Capital Markets platform
- Provide support to broad communications programs, physical space/seating plans and divisional event planning as required
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enterprise mindset and strong analytical capabilities
- Solid people and project management skills
- Strong in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to successfully provide insightful ad hoc requests on a short notice
- Demonstrated experience in establishing control processes, tools, standardized reporting and artifacts
- External certification (ex CPA, CFA)
- 3 years of Capital Markets experience with a solid understanding of the business processes and terminology within the securities industry
- Proven record in successfully influencing and implementing change
- Strong understanding of the business drivers of performance and outcome measures of RBC's businesses
What's in it for you?
- Offers a bird's eye view of RBC Capital Markets, with exposure to every business line, product and application that QTS develops and supports
- Provides a behind-the-scenes perspective on technology strategy and management decision making through regular engagement with senior stakeholders
- Supports advancement and growth, with plenty of opportunity for those with the ambition to learn and engage
- Join in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 120 Western Parkway, Bedford, NS
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/23/2021
Platform: Capital Markets
Req ID: 367466