Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of the nation's leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, energetic, and dedicated communications professional. For over 80 years, DUC staff and supporters have worked tirelessly to conserve wetlands, water, and wildlife.
Manitobans, Canadians, and the world need to hear our story. As the Communications Specialist, you will provide creative expertise in support of conservation programming, fundraising, and development programs and social media content creation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in the development of a strategic communications plan, which includes annual work plan, budget, and timelines.
- Tracking and monitoring delivery of communications programs
- Keeping volunteers engaged by sharing DUC social media communications within their local area.
- Collaborating with the MPO in developing internal and external communications to ensure consistent promotion of the DUC brand at a provincial level.
- Collaborating with the national Communications team in the delivery of provincial and national media relations programs, social media and other special initiatives/campaigns.
- Assisting in the preparation and deployment of various campaigns, promotions, and communication materials.
You are a self-motivated individual with a positive ?can do? attitude. You are creative in addressing the needs of different target audiences using appropriate media, a collaborative team player and capable of managing multiple projects, with an attention to detail.
You are highly organized, possessing strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Diploma in Marketing/Business, journalism, science, public relations or a related field, with relevant work experience
- Minimum of three years' experience in producing collateral pieces, including innovative promotion materials
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with communication principles, including appropriate tools and tactics used to reach and influence key audiences in support of national/regional conservation goals
- Ability to use planning systems to help deliver projects (media release distribution, social media content management or communications distribution).
- Salesforce/Marketing Cloud experience an asset
- Proven experience in media engagement and communication engagement
- Strong writing, media relations, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our online career center for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: June 27, 2021 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.