Under the direction of the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for preparing a variety of communications and marketing materials for internal and external audiences related to the educational programs, services, activities, brand identity and events at Okanagan College.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for research, interviews, writing, social media, multimedia, photography, preparation and co-coordinating various print and electronic communications and marketing materials, providing relevant content that reinforces the institution's brand and key messages. The Marketing and Communications Specialist will work with the Manager to ensure brand alignment across all media platforms and will play a major role in strategic marketing and communications implementation in order to increase visibility and constituent engagement.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will serve as a liaison and resource for all academic, vocational and trades departments within the College, along with the Regional Dean's office of each campus, in coordinating marketing and communications efforts and strategies. This work includes composing marketing strategies, writing copy, coordinating imagery and graphics and working with graphic designers and the internal client(s) to bring projects to the final stages of production.
Education and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of current marketing trends (online and offline)
- Understanding of brand identity and have solid news judgment
- Flexible and able to manage a high work volume and competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent project management, planning, marketing, promotional and presentation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and deliver key messages to general and targeted audiences
- Advanced writing and editing skills with the ability to draft marketing and communications copy
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office and ability to work on PC and Mac platforms
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external audiences and clients as well as local and regional media
- Familiarity with Canadian Press Style (data collection, reporting and editing)
- Proficiency using a digital camera and editing photos and videos for media and web distribution
- Collaboration & Collegiality
- Continuous Learning & Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Integrity & Accountability
- Student & Service Focus
Job Specific Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Organizational Awareness & Commitment
- Relationship and Network Building
- Results Orientation
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate
- Non-Regular Full-time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidate.