Your role & responsibilities
As Xanadu's Quantum Community Manager, you will be the first point of contact for our large and constantly growing community of users. You will engage with this diverse worldwide community-consisting of thousands of scientists, engineers, educators, students, and enthusiasts- providing the friendly guidance and support that Xanadu has become known for. You will interact with our scientific and software teams in order to solve the more challenging problems, bugs, and questions raised in our community.
Another major focus area for the Quantum Community Manager will be in the organization of signature events, such as Xanadu's quantum hackathon QHack, which attracts thousands of attendees. Your contributions will be crucial at all levels during event planning, including development, partnerships, advertisement, logistics, and execution.
In your work, you will demonstrate high standards for quality, attention to detail, the capability to execute swiftly in a fast-paced environment, a collaborative mindset, and communicate with both the public and with your colleagues in a friendly, respectful, and outgoing manner.
Required qualifications & experience
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Physics, Math, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior exposure to the core concepts of quantum computing (circuits, gates, algorithms, physical platforms). Exposure to core machine learning concepts (models, optimizers, training, neural networks, etc.) or photonics is a definite plus.
- Familiarity with the open-source scientific software landscape.
- Experience with outreach, education, or community-building initiatives (hackathons, workshops, conferences, expos, etc.).
- Demonstrated passion for helping people overcome technical, scientific, software, or educational challenges.
- Strong communication skills, with friendly and polite communication style.
- Clear and concise writing style, with high attention to detail.
- Comfortable using multiple social media or messaging platforms (Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Slack, Discord, etc.) to engage with users. Preferred qualifications & experience
- Graduate degree (MSc, PhD, or equivalent) in a STEM field (Physics, Math, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- Dedicated education or practical experience in quantum computing, machine learning, or photonics.
- Deep familiarity with the quantum software landscape: Python, GitHub, open-source, and the major software frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience using Xanadu's open-source software libraries PennyLane or Strawberry Fields.
- Experience spearheading scientific outreach, education, or community-building events.
- Experience with content creation using rich media: images, blog posts, video editing, live-streaming, etc. Mission
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1W_9jD_SxlVWMWzRxs1Nx7lHMDPX42aTLCiNTwkUli4s/edit?usp=sharing).
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at