Location: Downtown Toronto
Start date: Immediately
Experience: New Graduate-2 years
About Able Innovations
We are a dynamic team of mission-driven individuals who are driven by using technology to make a positive impact on people's lives. Located in Downtown Toronto, we design and build dynamic robotic technology that will have a transformative impact on our society's most vulnerable, their caregivers, as well as healthcare operators.
The problem of transfers (between beds, stretchers, etc.) is one that many of us face/will face as we lose our mobility whether it's through aging or disability. Today, transfers are extremely unsafe, inefficient, and undignified. At Able, we are reimagining this process and with the aging demographic, COVID 19, and increasing front line staff burnout- we are doing it at a time it is needed the most.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members who are mission-driven and are up for a challenge. We prioritize the personal development of our staff and offer opportunities to grow and learn. Working at Able Innovations comes with an excellent team dynamic, comprehensive health benefits, competitive compensation, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater and to meet this need we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to deliver technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate, hard-working, and focused on doing 'great things.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic marketing and office coordinator to serve as a core member of our team. As a candidate, you are a resourceful self-starter with plenty of hustle, you thrive in a start-up environment and can make things happen. You will play an active role in promoting a healthy work culture for our team. You will be assisting our Operations team with the day-to-day functions of running the business, as well as the opportunity to contribute significantly to our communications and marketing. This position gives the successful candidate a unique opportunity to grow in the fields of Human Resources and Marketing. The successful candidate must meet the responsibilities and skills outlined below:
- Work with the Operations Manager to assist in all areas of marketing, administration, communications & special projects.
- Act as a point of contact for office administration-related tasks.
- Play a crucial role in promoting the online presence of the venture including social media and communications.
- Assist in developing published materials (ex. Brochures, campaigns, website).
- Create and upload content for our website including original content, blogs, stories, infographics, and documents.
- Routine tracking and filing of employee vacation, expenses, reports, and reviews.
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, and updating policies and processes.
- Responsible for office maintenance including supplies and equipment.
- Manage invoices and perform/coordinate with bookkeeping.
- Communication liaison and gatekeeper for inbound communication including email, mail, and phone calls.
- Participate in HR activities including new employee screening, onboarding, event planning, etc.
- Assist with writing/drafting of proposals and grants.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the candidate will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Operations Manager to undertake tasks, activities, and responsibilities as deemed important for this position.
Required Skills and experience:
- Degree or Diploma in marketing, HR, or administration.
- A creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and web editing packages.
- Ability to multitask and conduct various initiatives/tasks concurrently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant document as a single PDF document with the naming format "MCO202105_Firstname_Lastname"