OLDF is looking for youths, students or recent graduates to join our editorial team for our publications. We are looking to jump-start our Women Ezine to increase access and opportunity for women. The online magazine is designed to inform, inspire, and encourage women to reach their full potential while mentoring and empower others. You will have a hand in managing the day-to-day editorial responsibilities, using your skills and expertise to monitor workflow and support the editorial staff remotely.
Ontario Learning Development Foundation (OLDF) is a registered charity in Canada that performs training and educational services to youths, children, new immigrants, and seniors. Our mission is to transform our communities through integrated educational and community-response empowerment initiatives for children, youth, new immigrants and their families.
This position reports to the Managing editor and will complete the following tasks:
- Study and write text contents that are relevant to the women community in Canada
- Write company content for advertisements and commercials.
- Write occasional news and feature stories
- Responsible for acquiring images and text articles from the outsourced writers, also is responsible for the quality of those texts
- Ensure a high standard of content regarding subject matter, grammar, style, and accuracy.
- You must be an organized, resourceful, and self-motivated person to handle the responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
The successful candidates for this role will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Post-secondary education in English, Journalism, Communications, Sociology, or closely related fields.
- Ability to apply effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work harmoniously and productively with staff and authors.
- Organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail to be able to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently without constant supervision
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Preference will be given to writers that self-identify as Women.
- Flexible hours with team meetings, approx. 25-30 hours/week
- Must be available for a nine weeks contract
- Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Number of position
- Work from home / Remote work due to COVID-19
Since this is a funded position by Canada Summer Job grants, all applicants must be youth (citizen, PR or conventional refugee) between 15
- 30 years of age to qualify.
The application deadline is June 10, 2021
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, social media posts or requests to meet, please.