Requisition ID: 107062
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the International Wealth Management (IWM) Marketing Department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures that all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations and country rules, internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Manager, Marketing, IWM is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a consistent brand across all the international markets. Developing strategic marketing programs and initiatives which align to the overall primary IWM brands (Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia Global Asset Management), supporting revenue and business line objectives and priorities, and driving international markets adoption and alignment.
This role is as a strategic relationship manager and trusted advisor to wealth business lines and in-country teams, working effectively within a cross-functional team environment that includes many reporting levels and varying skills and competencies.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and best practices.
- Support the development and lead the implementation of consistent IWM brand standards for the respective countries in which they operate. Continuous oversight and support of the brand, while driving brand adoption with proper systems, processes and creative assets. Serves as the brand ambassador, coaching country and regional teams to ensure strong brand alignment.
- Oversee regulatory approvals for advisor communications and prepare and present audit evidence as required. Ensure ongoing compliance (as it pertains to marketing oversight) and provide regular quality checks outside of audit activity as outline in the Policy and Procedures document for SWM.
- Serves as the international liaison between country marketing teams and head office Scotia Global Asset Management and Scotia Wealth Management teams. Works consistently to create synergies and knowledge-sharing between international and Canadian marketing initiatives.
- Leads the development, design and execution of the marketing plans that support the local business lines and deliver against their growth objectives, establishing clear KPIs and ensuring appropriate tracking of results. Works with the in-country business lines and marketing teams to ensure alignment of the local marketing strategy with the global strategy and objectives.
- Development of recommendation for annual marketing budgets for various initiatives and transferring best practices to maximize effectiveness.
- Leads the development and launch of marketing strategies and initiatives to support new product/service launches, acquisition campaigns and client engagement initiatives, applying brand standards and capitalizing on competitive opportunities.
- Supports the development and implementation of product launches,sales enablement marketing materials and programs, including management of overarching platforms and tools for internal and external communication, templates and approvals management.
- Design and implementation of business development programs and activities for advisors and sales staff, acting as a marketing consultant and providing project management, ad hoc support and expertise with respect to marketing, communication, business development and sales initiatives. Ensure that all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations and country rules, internal policies and procedures and that all marketing materials are aligned to relevant marketing guidelines and requirements, including auditable tracking of approvals.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University degree required, Business or Marketing undergrad.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both oral and written.
- 8-10 years work experience in Marketing, Business and or Communications.
- Demonstrated experience in financial service industry. Investment management preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking, change management and idea creation skills.
- Strong customer-centric marketing / selling skills including strategic planning / segmentation, customer competitive positioning / rankings, new product/service / price innovations, and strategic partner/acquisition business development.
- Developing team leadership and people management / development skills.
- Attention to detail, organization and integrity/ethics.
- Excellent written and oral communications to both individuals and teams.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.