The Manager, Marketing is accountable to the General Manager for developing local level marketing strategies and supporting the National Marketing function through the implementation of campaigns and shared programs for a small to medium sized retail property designed to enhance the public image of the shopping centre, increase both foot traffic and sales within the retail property.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing Plan
Develops (in consultation with tenants, management and investors a local Marketing Plan, including retailer, community and special events, for the shopping centre. Provides input into centralized branding and shared campaigns, monitors and executes all programs on site.
- Budgeting and Reforecasting
Develops, recommends, monitors and regularly reports on the Marketing Budget for the centre, as part of the overall budgeting process, to ensure that the Marketing Plan has enough resources allocated to it to be successful, and that those resources are being used effectively.
- Market Intelligence
Keeps abreast of regional and local economics and market trends. Regularly monitor the competition and other commercial retail developments. Identifies any other factors that may be impacting the centre.
- Social Media/Digital Media
Coordinates the day to day activity on social channels, posting local content and responding to inquiries. Updates website content with new store details, retailer promotions, mall promotions etc.
- Special Events & Exhibits
Coordinates exhibits, special and seasonal events in the shopping centre which are a part of the local level efforts to increase foot traffic in the shopping centre. Executes national shared programs.
- Post-Event Analysis
Coordinates efforts with Specialty Leasing to identify and capitalize on sponsorship revenue opportunities. Develops a fulfillment report for each sponsor to demonstrate the value and benefits they receive to encourage ongoing partnerships.
- Retailer & Community Relations
Work with local retailers to help build traffic. Meets regularly to understand their needs and support existing store sales and promotions and identifies other partnership opportunities in the centre. Through Public Relations proactively develop relationships to garner positive impressions in the community, positioning the centre as a leader of goodwill in the community.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in related field (e.g. marketing, public relations) or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant retail marketing experience
- Good Skills with Relevant Computer Software (e.g. Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills.
- Shopping centre marketing experience is an asset
- Project Management experience is an asset
- Professional Marketing Designation is an asset
- Experience with Yardi is an asset.