Do you enjoy the thrill of being on stage, the challenge of sales, and the adventure in travel?
Are you fluent in both English and Mandarin?
If you said yes to all the above, this is the job for you!
Park West Gallery has brought the experience of collecting fine art to more than 2 million collectors around the world since 1969, through art auctions and art gallery sales on over 85 cruise ships and in major cities around the world.
We offer a job opportunity unlike any other. With a world-class Training Academy where you will learn sales, public speaking, and auctioneering skills, ongoing career development, and the ability to progress in your career and run your own program, we have proudly developed the careers of thousands of Independent Contractors throughout the years, enabling their success as Art Auctioneers and beyond.
As a bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese, you will work with the art team onboard a cruise ship to promote and sell original art to cruise passengers. With your English and Mandarin Chinese skills, you'll be an asset to both our Western and Asian markets. You'll train with an experienced Auctioneer to learn the sales and public speaking skills needed to run your own program as Auctioneer.
Through auctions, seminars, and other events, you will engage audiences in the world of art, helping them to gain appreciation, understanding, and the joy of collecting art.
You begin as an Art Sales Associate, assisting your art team onboard through sales, marketing, and promotions while living and working onboard a cruise ship. You will receive on-the-job training while learning the necessary skills to become a Gallery Director or Auctioneer. Through our Auctioneer Development Program, you receive guided mentorship with the goal of eventually leading your own program as Art Auctioneer.
Specific Job Duties:
- Consultative sales conversations with cruise ship guests
- Promotion of the art program through interacting with passengers and announcements
- Delivering presentations, seminars, live art auctions
- Holding audience attention, encourage audience participation
- Creating and distributing marketing collateral
- Setting up art displays
- Ability to speak and communicate in both Mandarin/Chinese and English
- The ability to travel and work abroad on a cruise ship for 5 months at a time
- A desire to learn on the job, training to become an Auctioneer
- 6+ months public speaking, entertainment, or teaching experience
If you're looking for a chance to express or develop your public speaking, sales, and entrepreneurial skills while seeing the world, we would love to hear from you!
Want to learn more about Park West Gallery? Check out our Facebook page or watch our artists in action on YouTube.