Top Down Ventures is a Vancouver-based incubator with a track record bringing successful SaaS business applications to market. Our competitive advantage over other investment firms comes from our superior knowledge of the Managed Services Provider (MSP) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) markets, and our comprehensive support infrastructure. Our expertise in sales, marketing, operations, finance, and human resources
- in addition to our unique go-to-market platform
- allows the businesses we invest in to focus on their core business while we help them implement the proven, back-end formula.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to help launch an exciting new brand in our portfolio of SaaS companies. You will be a key part of communicating the value of a new category of software that will revolutionize the way digital and remote teams manage the changing nature of work
- helping them optimize their use of technology and their time. Working under the guidance of a knowledgeable and experienced leadership and advisory team, you'll have the chance to build a business that will compete in a multi-billion dollar market. We believe content will be pivotal in our success and we need you to join us to help make it happen!
You will be the first content marketing hire for our team. Working as a peer alongside our Growth Strategist, you will work with internal executives, our product team, and external creative agencies to craft and deliver our digital content through all of our channels. We are looking for an individual that already has experience working in high-performing content marketing teams in early and mid-stage technology companies, who now wants to lead that role in a launch-stage startup. You will first analyze the customer problem and our product vision, lay down the processes, define the playbook and execute on delivery. You will be joining us during a private beta for our application and taking us through the launch of our resource center, and our GA launch. You will blaze the trail and ultimately recruit and manage the content team needed as we grow. You will be fully supported by our VP of Product and our founding team to ensure your success.
- Create a content strategy that builds the brand, generates website visits & acquires new marketing leads
- Collaborate across teams to define an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan that drives website visitors and engagement
- Create content in multiple formats such as blog posts, social media, ebooks, videos & podcasts
- Proofread, edit and ensure content meets brand guidelines
- Define processes to ensure the content program is scalable, efficient, and meets deadlines
- Eventually, recruit, lead, manage and mentor additional writers and content creators
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3+ years of experience in content creation, content marketing, or related
- B2B marketing content creation experience with proven results
- Growth marketing mindset: content that achieves our KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in web analytics tools, CRM, SEO, social media, marketing applications, and Google Suite.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems
- Cross-channel storyteller
- Able to tell stories using words, images, or audio. Know when to use which type.
- Driven, self-starter
- excited by start-ups and growth-stage environments
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock option program
- Brand-new laptop and budget for home office equipment etc.
- Top of the line employee benefits package including 100% extended health and dental
- Access to world-class offices and facilities in downtown Vancouver's most exclusive business neighborhood with beautiful ocean/mountain views for use when we need it
- Fully stocked bar, organic local coffee, snacks, food, and a world-class gym
We are a hybrid office environment, so you'll be working from wherever is best suited to your personal needs. We have a beautiful office space in downtown Vancouver that we use as needed, but we're open to candidates working remotely, even outside the Lower Mainland. You will need to be available for team meetings during PST working hours.