Are you looking to launch a career in an exciting essential industry?
The Sales Development Program is a full-time development position, where you will learn hands-on and receive the guidance, mentoring, and support you need to be successful in your career. As a successful graduate of the program, you will be an Outside Account Manager, a leader at our Profit Centre who will help drive sales. You will be the main point of contact for our key accounts and will help set the priorities and strategic direction of the business.
The salary range for this role is $40,000-$50,000 with a comprehensive benefits package and profit sharing.
A Typical Day at EMCO:
As a Sales Development Program Trainee, you will progress through three different phases to learn every aspect of our business from shipping and receiving to sales, operations, purchasing, account management and everything in between.
- Warehouse and Logistics
- Learn the products we sell, how they get from the vendor to the customer and understand all levels of sales support.
- Inside Sales and Operations
- Go from helping customers with various product and service issues to managing large-scale projects. Get involved in our customer service, counter sales, order management, inventory and pricing controls, credit management, financial statements, and much more...
- Outside Sales/Account Management
- Learn how to find new business opportunities, sell our products, negotiate contracts, and build customer and vendor relationships.
Additional duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analyze customer data, develop, and execute strategies to profitably grow market share.
- Identify new growth opportunities through customer acquisition and product development.
- Lead the sales process at the Profit Centre and help set the strategic direction of the business.
- Process orders and quotes as required.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues; address short payments and returns in a timely fashion.
- Be knowledgeable on the City of Calgary's product specifications and requirements.
- Be active in the industry by participating in trade shows and conventions.
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at customer job sites and at EMCO.
About Our Team:
Here at EMCO, we offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other's growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Must have a university degree
- Positive attitude and results oriented mindset
- Desire to continuously learn and grow
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada's largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
- Wellness and Employee and Family Assistance Programs
Interested in a career with EMCO? We'd love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: Via Isarta
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply for this job email your details.