THE ROLE: Graphic Designer (Contract)
LOCATION: Richmond, BC
WORKSPACE: This role can be based remotely, in our Richmond offices, or a combination of both.
We are Vancouver-designed, North American made, and globally inspired. Our belief in slowing down the fashion cycle led us to make clothing on demand and with a clear purpose
- to delight our #smashtessfam. Our best-selling Romper fabric is a sustainable rayon from bamboo and cotton blend, and although it costs more for us to use it, it's proven to stand the test of time and retain its shape and softness when treated well. We produce in our own backyard under our watchful eyes to ensure that our clothing is made in the very best working conditions by skilled and talented seamsters.
- Tess was founded by a mother-daughter-bestie trio, dedicated to creating ?everywear? to take you from the sheets to the streets... and beyond! Disrupting the fashion industry with chic and cozy clothing, Smash
- Tess has a cult-like following from celebrities, influencers, and everyday women, because aside from our seriously cute designs, we've created a community that celebrates comfortability and style! We exist to make our customers lives easy- because life can be complicated and life can be hard... but deciding what to wear doesn't need to be!
Reporting to our Director of Digital Strategy, the Graphic Designer will create engaging and on-brand graphics company-wide. This role will primarily support the digital team with email marketing, assets for web and social media, but will also support the rest of the brand with any digital or printed assets they require. Our ideal candidate will bring a creative, stylish, and fun style that fits the tone of our brand.
This opportunity is a available as 6 month full-time contract at this time.
- Design daily and ongoing automated newsletters with support from our Copywriter, and direction from the Director of Digital Strategy
- Create a library of social media graphics, videos and gifs for use on Instagram, Facebook,TikTok and Pinterest to support the Digital Marketing Specialist
- Colour correct photography from various photographers so that all assets match across all channels
- Photoshop images of any items that we don't have assets for, or differ from production
- Create seasonal look books and wholesale product knowledge kits
- Design all packaging
- postcards, hang tags, stickers, boxes, tote bags etc
- Design invites and promotional material for events
- Create pitch decks for potential brand collaborations with support from the Marketing and Design team
- Create any branded internal company stationary, PowerPoint templates, docs etc
- Update and maintain brand guidelines for use internally and externally
- Coordinate manufacturing of any printed products
- Passionate about Rompers! :)
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio demonstrating work
- Must be very strong in Adobe illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Design is a plus
- The ability to work independently and to deadlines, with support via video calls from a fully or partially-remote team
If this role is calling your name, we look forward to hearing from you!