In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Director, the MHSU Community Manager is responsible for setting the direction of patient/client care activities, operational planning, human resource management, financial management, education and research for the assigned programs. The position is responsible for development and implementation of care programs, policies and procedures in a manner aligned with the organization's culture, values and strategic direction and ensuring coordination of services with all relevant aspects of Mental Health and Substance Use Services and other VIHA programs.
Education, Training And Experience
Baccalaureate degree in relevant discipline. Master's degree preferred. Seven to ten years of relevant management experience, preferably in the Mental Health and Addictions field. Experience in program redesign. Knowledge of Mental Health delivery systems.
Skills And Abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and negotiate creative solutions.
- Ability to utilize both analytical skills and conceptual thinking to identify and resolve issues.
- Commitment to collaborative practice and lifelong learning.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.