We're on a mission to improve Student Life
- providing savings for student's every need
We're a creative team with a can-do attitude. We motivate each other with grassroots thinking focused on the best solutions to bring value to students, with our people at the center of what we do. We value building careers with an eager-to-learn attitude to support each other's success
- inside and outside the organization. In August 2020, SPC transformed into a completely digital platform by launching a subscription-based membership accessible through the SPC App. We're continually looking to evolve the way Gen-Z shoppers engage with our digital experiences.
As a Social Media Coordinator, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies. This is a critical role within our growing marketing team.
- post scheduling, the engaging audience at the right time
- Creative thinking and brainstorming ideas for social engagement
- Keep the member at the forefront of all content while maintaining partner awareness.
- Design posts to sustain student curiosity and create buzz around new partners, deals and offers.
- experience with photoshop/Illustrator for small scale image adjustments
Social Media Management
- Proficient in and manage company social media channels Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok
- Reporting and analytics for all channels
- Execution of social strategy and social media content calendar
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries.
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans.
- Executing Paid Media for social channels
- Strong copywriting skills that will resonate with our demographic
Research on Trends
- Short-form video content generating
- Up to date with industry trends and marketing strategy
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
- Scope for micro-influencers and brand ambassadors
- Working closely with the creative team for visual assets
- Working with the partnerships to create partner promotions
Who You Are:
- You are a social media marketer with experience engaging and marketing services and solutions
- You are a planner that can create a content calendar to target Gen Z and Millennials
- You are creative, an excellent short-form copywriter and have an eye for professional and business-focused design
- You have experience building multi-touch campaigns across social channels
- You are innovative and explore ideas through research to penetrate new social channels
- You are analytical and data-driven with the ability to optimize marketing tactics based on data and insights
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Work with the Marketing team and to write creative content while working with the Partnerships team to maintain partnership awareness
- Priority Setting: Strong organizational skills to manage priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Self-Development: Curiosity that drives continued learning and the sharing of insights related to Social Media Marketing
- Creativity and Innovation: develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote the SPC brand
- 3+ years of Social Media experience and executing paid digital campaigns preferably to Gen Z and Millennials
- Educational background in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications, Social Media or Paid Media program
- Experience in copy-writing
- Strong understanding of digital channels
- Experience with long video as an asset
- Experience leveraging social media platforms
- Experience in planning content and execution capacity
- Experience understanding of social media platforms and past experience growing social audiences and metrics
- Must have strong writing skills and the ability to compose compelling messages to get people to take immediate action
- Bilingual (French) in both reading and writing would an asset
- Health Benefits: Health Spending Account, Dental, Drug, Travel and Group Insurance Coverage
- VIP SPC Membership
- Shop like a Student!
- Out of Office
- Vacation Days and Personal Days
- Early Friday, Every Friday
- Flexible Schedule
- work from home & alternate start times (currently working from home full-time due to COVID*)
- Company Sponsored Events
- Casual Dress Code
- Play Office DJ
- Team Lunches
Founded in 1992, Student Price Card Ltd. (SPC) is Canada's largest student-based loyalty program with over 1.1 million members across all ages, genders and levels of education, from coast to coast. Created with the sole purpose of helping students save on their everyday purchases, SPC is now partnered with over 450 brands across Canada, encompassing the fashion, dining, beauty, travel, tech health and fitness, sporting industries. Working alongside recognized retailers, such as American Eagle Outfitters, Urban Outfitters, Samsung, Pizza Pizza, and Taco Bell, hundreds of local and independent brands, as well as hundreds of universities, colleges and high schools, SPC has always adapted to consumer interests while establishing nationwide brand awareness and support from our members.