Job Description :
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $253 billion in total assets under management as of April 30, 2021. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience
- we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
The Employee Communications team at IGM Financial is responsible for planning and delivering engaging and strategic employee communications across the IGM Financial group of companies (IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and partners with Investment Planning Counsel) to help drive a fulfilling employee experience, culture and business performance. Success is achieved through optimizing and modernizing internal digital channels through data-driven insights, advising and supporting Business Partners on new and fresh communications to enhance our talent brand and culture, and developing integrated CEO communication programs and events to engage employees in IGM's business success.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President (AVP), Employee Communications, and part of the IGM Financial Human Resources team, the Senior Manager, Employee Communications will help improve the employee experience through developing innovative, proactive, metrics-based and effective communications. The Senior Manager role is an individual contributor, based in Toronto (currently work-from-home due to the pandemic).
- Partner with AVPs to deliver the annual CEO strategies across IGM, IG Wealth Management and Mackenzie Investments, including Employee Forums, Strategic Leadership Forums, quarterly business updates, and CEO videos and messaging for key cultural initiatives (e.g. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, community and social events)
- Develop and/or support planning for a wide range of CEO events to support and enhance our corporate culture, including managing presentations, speaking notes, speaker support, promotional communications and logistics
Communications planning, counsel and execution
- Develop and execute communication plans for key initiatives across the organization as needed, including developing RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed) matrices and workbacks to ensure efficient planning and high quality of work
- Provide strategic counsel and collaborate with internal business partners, Human Resources and Employee Communications team on ideation of new tools / formats and editorial support to ensure our leaders and employees are well-informed, engaged and contributing to IGM's success
- Analyze, measure and report on communication effectiveness
Writing and editing
- Write, edit, and proofread communications, including employee and leadership bulletins, Intranet site content and stand-alone communications including infographics, video scripts, and executive presentations
- Partner with the writing and digital team to plan the editorial calendar, submit editorial content, and improve and document integrated processes and efficiencies
Education, experience and behavioural competencies:
- Bachelor's degree Professional Communications or College diploma in Communications/English/Public Relations required; additional designation is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in employee or corporate communicationsin an agency or large conglomerate setting
- Must have experience developing and executing strategic communication plans and workbacks, including ability to analyze, measure and report on communication effectiveness
- Superior research, writing and editing skills with proven attention to style, tone and detail
- that drives compelling content across multiple channels and platforms (digital and in-person)
- Demonstrated project management skills with experience in managing multiple, diverse projects and tight deadlines with a high degree of autonomy, while maintaining timely, high-quality work across the team
- A proactive and innovative mindset with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively
- Open to continuous learning and improvement, demonstrating eagerness to learn and implement new communication best practices, including modern digital communications
- Responds well to changing priorities and circumstances, and demonstrates resilience and positivity when faced with disruptions or obstacles
- Ability to work independently with good initiative and judgment
- Work hours may vary; some evening and weekend work may be required; incumbent should be comfortable self-managing their time and maintaining a healthy work-life balance
Please provide three writing samples with your application, including one strategic communications plan with workback
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the ?apply for this job? icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the ?email this job? option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by June 18, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The career level for this position is P8.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.