Posted on: June 03, 2021
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, FUND DEVELOPMENT
TERM DATES: July 19th, 2021
- December 2022.
Since 1987, Phoenix has been dedicated to supporting youth and contributing to a vibrant community. Phoenix's eleven locations in Halifax, N.S. provide a continuum of care for youth aged 11-24 and their families. Our team of caring professionals recognizes that each person who comes to us has individual needs as well as strengths. People are the leaders in their own lives; Phoenix is a leader in supporting them.
Phoenix serves hundreds of youth who collectively offer great diversity to the organization. To better serve the youth we aim to reflect their diversity in our staff contingent. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for youth and staff. We welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with disability, persons who identify in the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and others who reflect the diversity of our Nova Scotia communities. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit; however, we encourage self-identification and pronoun introduction on either your covering letter or resume.
Job Summary: Our Fund Development team is looking for a dynamic, outgoing, and creative multi-tasker to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Development and working in close collaboration with the Fund Development team, the Marketing and Communications Officer is responsible for the management, implementation, and evaluation of the annual marketing and communications plan to inspire and engage the community. Our ideal candidate is a big picture strategist with a fine-tuned ability to prioritize the details.
This position is suited for an enthusiastic, creative, results-oriented professional who is detailed oriented with exceptional organizational, prioritization and planning skills, and who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000 annual salary (based on qualifications and experience), Employee and Family Assistance Program, three weeks annually of vacation (pro-rated for the term), generous sick leave, a generous paid holiday schedule, in-house trainings, and professional development opportunities.
Hours of Work: Generally, Monday
- Friday, 9 a.m.
- 5 p.m. with flexibility and evening work required based on activity requirements.
Location: Temporarily remote; Spring Garden Road, Halifax.
Reports to: Director of Development, Fund Development.
Screening Requirements: Due to the sensitive nature of our work with youth, this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector search, a child abuse register check and proof of education.
- Collateral design and production
- Writing, creative designing, organizing photo shoots and managing print production for fundraising initiatives and campaigns such as annual report to the community, case for support, e-newsletters, special events, direct mail appeals, campaigns, brochures, grants and proposals, impact reports, etc.
- Social media and website
- Monitoring all accounts.
- Collecting and building content for scheduled and organic posts.
- Responding to communication via social platforms.
- Ensuring commitments are fulfilled for sponsorship and gift agreements.
- Metrics tracking.
- Media relations and public speaking
- Managing relationships with media outlets.
- Daily media scans.
- Press releases and working with partners to provide key messages and brand guidelines.
- Preparing and coaching for speaking engagements including youth, staff and volunteers and writing speaking notes as needed.
- Community Engagement
- Representing Phoenix at events, third party initiatives, program activities and events and public speaking.
- Collect content and photos.
- Posting content to social media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible with an ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Comfortable with networking and has a natural ability to build meaningful relationships; confident and eager to engage with donors, sponsors, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Excellent understanding of the issues surrounding confidentiality and a high level of integrity.
- Understanding of youth social justice issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum 3 years related experience.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication skills (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites (a portfolio will be requested).
- Experience in organizing/coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in media relations including digital, print and broadcast.
- Openness and commitment to ongoing learning.
- Access to a vehicle is an asset as the ability to travel in HRM and beyond is a necessity, (once it is safe to do so).
- Experience in the non-profit sector is as asset.
TO APPLY: * Please note that interviews may take place during the posting period.
Please forward a resume and a cover letter (in Word or as a PDF document) with pertinent information about your qualifications by Wednesday June 16th, 2021, at 11:59pm (ADT) to:
Via Isarta with the subject line ?Marcomms Officer?.