Project/Program Overview :
Are you passionate about finding submarines? Do you love the Navy?Job Description :
General Dynamics Mission Systems is a leading provider of antisubmarine warfare systems (ASW) and we are currently seeking an International Business Development Manager to lead new naval pursuits around the world. We are looking for a creative thinker who can create wining partnerships with military end users and international industrial partners to drive new business. The ideal candidate will already have significant international sales or business development experience in the naval sector. Experience sailing as an ASW operator would be an asset. The successful candidate may reside in any allied nation and may work remotely or from one of our facilities in Ottawa or Halifax, Canada or Hastings, UK.
- Successfully leading program pursuits from inception to contract award
- Building and maintaining a strong network with industrial including potential partners, subcontractors, and competitors
- Representing GDMS by attending or presenting at trade shows, symposiums, industry association meetings or other relevant venues
- Developing Business Cases and Strategic Plans for each pursuit or capture activity, including project summary, customer thinking/concerns/direction with comprehensive insight into approvers, decision makers and influencing forces.
- Critical analysis of all aspects of program pursuits including timeline, customer's budget, win themes and strategies, available budgets, competitive forces and leading the pursuit decision process
- Building a powerful network with international sales representatives/project staff in various government and customer organizations to support GDMS interests
- Providing regular project updates for to the broader Air and Naval management team and providing support to company strategic planning
- Participating in the development, planning, and implementation of marketing and sales programs such as trade shows, press releases, brochures, data sheets, white papers, briefings, etc.
- Administering and controlling such budget resources or other allocations as may be assigned from time to time Basic Qualifications:
- Significant experience leading or supporting International Naval business development and sales with a track record of winning business
- A collaborative leader who is competent in pulling multi-disciplinary teams together and aligning them around common goals and objectives as they relate to winning and corporate growth
- Understanding of government policies as related to warship procurement and sustainment, and good understanding of particulars related to naval combat systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision.
- Proposal development experience would be ideal
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be willing to travel extensively
- A thorough understanding of naval sonar systems and technologies including hull mounted sonars, towed sonars, and sonobuoys achieved through industry or military experience
- Experience in naval sonar systems engineering
- Have significant experience in the armed forces of Canada/UK or an Allied nation with a preference to experience as a naval sonar operator or officer
Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
In light of COVID-19, we have adapted our interviewing and on-boarding processes and are conducting all job interviews virtually via video conference until further notice. Click here for our virtual interviewing tips. https://gdmissionsystems.ca/careers/interviewing-with-usCompany Overview :
General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is one of Canada's leading defence and security technology engineering companies with a worldwide reputation for excellence in the design and development of integrated solutions for land, airborne, maritime, and cyber applications. We are proud to provide an innovation-driven workplace for 1,300 employees in Ottawa, Calgary, and Halifax, welcoming varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We care about our customers and our local communities, actively volunteering our time, while supporting charitable, academic, and industry organizations. If who we are, and what we do, resonates with you, we invite you to consider joining our team! We will work with you around any workplace accommodation required during our application process. If you require accommodation or have questions, please contact Human Resources via via Isarta.