Date: Jun 3, 2021
Location: Vancouver, CA
Canada Sales Manager
Supervisor's Title: Canada Director of Sales
Department : Sales
Exempt Status: Exempt
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers around dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories
- bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
This position is responsible for the effective sales management of a defined list of GNNA customers within Canada. Ideal candidate resides in or is willing to relocate to the Vancouver, BC market. Position is responsible for the maintenance of existing customers as well as the development of new and potential customers. Canada Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining positive customer relationships by providing excellent customer service and best in industry products at competitive prices. This position reports directly to the Canada Regional Director of Sales
- Responsible for hunting and development of the market across Canada.
- Develop new accounts via all leads such as magazines, internet, trade shows, industry events and word of mouth
- Assist in the identification, development and execution of market opportunities to increase sales and distribution of the company's portfolio
- Coordinate all aspects of customer care from original order with customer service to order shipment and ensuring or managing any issue that may arise
- Prepare sales quotes, negotiate pricing and provide business solutions to effectively close sales
- Present and deliver sales programs, custom solutions and answer questions related to pricing, product knowledge and availability
- Interface with customers to resolve collection issues
- Travel to customers for face-to-face meetings to promote new products, enhance customer relationship, address any product queries and ensure we are selling all materials and services we can offer
- Track monthly sales & profit to ensure that no business is lost due to competitive pricing, availability, lead times or any other problems encountered by our customers with relation to dealing with Glanbia Ingredient and Premix solutions.
- Follow through on all leads via phone, email or personal visits
- Stay current with latest industry news and trends by involvement in industry events, tradeshows, social outings, seminars, memberships in industry organizations and magazine subscriptions
- Ensure product knowledge is up to date and intimately know current product portfolio
- Communicate to appropriate GNNA personnel any information gained regarding competition, leads, product development and potential new opportunities
- Actively participate in the development, coordination and execution of the Company's sales strategy
- Work with our distributor Quadra and their local sales representatives in development of customers within the territory
- Effectively capture product, customer and related sales activity, related to our exclusive distribution agreements, in CRM, allowing procurement to effectively communicate required information to our distribution partners
- Preparation and timely submission of administrative functions like JDA forecasting, customer reports, call reports, weekly project recaps and any other requirement for the position
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Food/Nutrition Science, or Sales & Marketing with Technical background, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years progressive and proven sales experience, preferably in related industry.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), to include speaking clearly and persuasively in positive and/or negative situations
- Must be willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% and for multiple days as needed.
- Effectively interact with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors with the utmost professionalism
- Ability to stay positive and calm in difficult and/or trying situations
- Must be results focused and oriented toward accomplishment of team goals.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining productive at all times
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess team-based problem solving skills
- Must be results focused and oriented toward accomplishment of team and organizational goals
- Ability to handle multiple, rapidly changing and conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include overtime when needed
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Prior experience working with SAP and JDA a plus
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Must be able to drive vehicle for travel purposes
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, light traffic).
- May be exposed to humidity, intense heat and cold, outdoor weather conditions, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
- Minimum of 50% travel required with overnight and multiple days by land and/or air.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.