Reporting directly to the Director, Global Corporate Communications, this role will help shape the corporate narrative and issues management approach for the organization. This person will partner closely with the communications, social media, digital engagement and guest education teams to identify risk, mitigate, and develop solutions that support lululemon's vision and purpose.
This person will have a deep understanding of how to successfully manage issues while navigating a complex, global organization while balancing the brand's reputation and storytelling goals for the future.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated communications professional with strong judgement and attention to detail, exceptional writing skills, and the ability to act quickly under pressure.
- Support the global corporate communications team with corporate narrative strategy and media relations management
- Serve as the main issues and crisis cross-functional support working with global partners to streamline communications and issues management needs across various markets
- Partner with social, digital engagement, and guest education centre teams to identify risk and support on coordination and strategy execution
- Regularly horizon scan, coordinate communication and develop contingency plans to address potential scenarios
- Work closely with internal communications and retail communications to ensure the external communication approach is consistent for all audiences
- Support in identifying risk and providing counsel for external brand and business initatives
- Provide strategic and crisis communications counsel to the global communications leadership team and SLT
- Build strong relationships with key media contacts
- You are highly motivated with a minimum of 7-9 years' experience in a strategic communications, agency, brand reputation or social media role
- You are a clear communicator with a strong ability to solve problems effectively
- You understand the global media landscape and with experience engaging reporters on challenging issues
- You have experience in brand reputation and issues and crisis management; working closely with social media teams
- Adept at understanding and distilling complex, fast-moving and unexpected subjects into impactful communications within tight timelines
- You have sharp attention to detail and consistency
- You have the ability to think ahead and take initiative
- You love connecting with others and have a proven ability to work within a team
- You're a self-starter with a "can-do" attitude; you're excited by possibilities and you think big picture and outside the box
- Agency experience preferred
- Education: min. Bachelor's degree #LI- AA1