Email Specialist, Customer Marketing
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #117
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Deadline to apply: June 18, 2021
Email Specialist, Customer Lifecycle
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver's homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it's possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight's Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean's Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
What We're Looking For
Reporting into the Head of Customer Marketing, the Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for tactical strategy and execution of email programs, including campaigns, behavior-based triggers, and transactional trigger programs. This role will collaborate closely with the customer, brand and digital teams and will focus on enhancing customer journey through optimization of email marketing campaigns, personalization and A/B testing. The Email Marketing Specialist will play a key role in the Revenue team's ability to achieve KPIs and revenue targets for the email channel. This role will be responsible for the health of our email database and for developing engagement & retention strategies.
Who You Are
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the ?right? way. You show up for all scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create work-back schedules and manage timelines with cross-functional teams for copy, translation, and creative assets required for business-as-usual sends, brand activations, and triggered emails
- Work with Marketing team to build a strong email calendar that balances Brand Stories, Products Stories and Promotional Activity
- Project manage, from copy and design briefing through execution of all emails
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns
- Optimize campaigns through A/B testing to improve open rate, clickthrough, conversion, as well as specific business goals
- Build and recommend customer journeys for the different lifecycle stages (i.e. new, churn, one-timers, active)
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the level of engagement through email sends
- Track and report on email performance, analyze results to provide insight for email optimization and future programs
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current email, CRM and push marketing best practices
What We Are Looking For
With the goal of: right message, right person, right time. This specialist will need to be organized and be able to pay close attention to detail, making sure that messages are sent out on time, with accurate information, and to the proper customer segment.
You have 2+ years email marketing experience, preferably in a direct to consumer e commerce environment.
- Experience in the customer lifecycle management, retention, customer segmentation, and loyalty marketing
- A results and data-driven mindset with a strong analytical capability and solid experience leveraging customer data to drive conversion are an asset
- Demonstrates an ease in building A/B testing and email optimization strategies
- Highly detail-oriented with strong project management skills, demonstrates an ability to work well cross functionally with other teams
- Proficiency using email lists, segmentation and email marketing platforms and data analytics platforms (ex. Google Analytics, Data Studio)
- You are articulate. You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Even better, you practice empathy in all spheres.
- You understand the importance of details. You don't sweat the small stuff and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, yet you have a keen ability to recognize nuance.
- You are team-oriented. You understand the importance of a positive attitude, you are always seeking personal and professional growth and you are always there to lend a hand.
- You have experience working with marketing automation software, Bonus points for experience with Active Campaign.
- You have experience project managing, getting requirements from stakeholders, briefing in creative departments and collecting marketing assets to make great emails.
- You have experience with Project management software such as Asana.
- You are proficient in Google Sheets/Slides/Docs or Microsoft Powerpoint/Excel/Word.
- Some experience with HTML/CSS is a plus.
What You Can Expect
An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We're a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!