Marketing & Communications Specialist
Job Number: **
Job Title: **
Marketing & Communications Specialist
- Kawartha Lakes Ontario Health Team
Job Type: **
Temporary Part Time
City, Province, Country: **
Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Department : **
- Ontario Health Team
Open Positions: **
Date Posted: **
June 3, 2021
Closing Date: **
June 10, 2021
Ross Memorial Hospital (RMH) is an active, acute-care community hospital located in the heart of the City of Kawartha Lakes. Among our acute and continuing care services, our team cares for 45,000 patients per year in the 24/7/365 emergency department, provides orthopedics and ophthalmology, operates a dialysis unit, and is renowned for its mental health programs and restorative seniors care. The Ross family takes pride in providing compassionate, quality patient care.
Kawartha Lakes Ontario Health Team (KL-OHT) is a fully designated Ontario Health Team for the City of Kawartha Lakes and surrounding communities. Our mission is to coordinate and connect care to create a seamless experience for patients and families. By putting the patient at the centre of our system, we aim to reduce confusion, support more efficient navigation between care settings, and help keep people healthier, for longer.
As part of the KL-OHT, you will have a unique opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of highly-committed patient/client partners, care providers and leaders from across the continuum of care, and will work to pioneer a new approach to health care and related services.
This position is funded by and will report into leadership of the KL-OHT. As a member of the KL-OHT, Ross Memorial Hospital (RMH) is supporting the recruitment for this role. RMH is a community hospital serving over 75,000 permanent and seasonal residents, and is committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in a fulfilling work environment that inspires staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow.
As part of the Kawartha Lakes Ontario Health Team (KL-OHT), the Marketing and Communications (Mar/Comm) Specialist is responsible for supporting the KL-OHT in implementing various partner and public/corporate/reputation communications programs and vehicles from concept through to production. This position reports to the KL-OHT Co-Leads and the KL-OHT Executive Director.
- Drive the development and implementation of proactive communication plans, including the creation and management of messages and themes in alignment with the overall communications strategy and the KL-OHT's strategic goals and priorities, including supporting partner and public engagement.
- Responsible for leading the production of communications, including executive communications, OHT-wide communications, and crisis communications in collaboration with KL-OHT Members.
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategic communications plans, products and strategies (e.g. communication and rollout plans, key messages, speaking notes, memos, presentations, posters, brochures, booklets, postcards, blogs, video scripts, web and social media content, surveys/questionnaires, etc.) to address and respond to the needs of diverse internal and external audiences
- Contribute thought leadership on communications and stakeholder engagement best practices and participate in strategy development within the KL-OHT
- Monitor issues, emerging trends and themes within the healthcare system/community, and develop tailored communications plans around identified gaps
- Manage and/or contribute to communications programs, including OHT events, branding activities, communications projects and initiatives from various KL-OHT committees and working groups
- Manage and improve the website and social media presence for the KL-OHT
- Support primary care physician / clinician communications and engagement
Date required June 21, 2021
This is a temporary part time position ending on or before March 31, 2022.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or similar discipline
- 5 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations in a hospital, health care or community/social services setting an asset
- Solid knowledge of communications, marketing and public relations principles combined with exceptional project management, proofreading and editing skills
- Superior writing skills and demonstrated ability to take complex, sensitive and clinical information and quickly translate it to compelling messages/copy to reach multiple and varying audiences
- Must be technically competent
- Must have knowledge and working experience with social media networks and best practices, keeping on the cusp of new digital trends
- Excellent critical thinking and judgment skills
- Desire to find creative solutions to barriers and turn challenges into opportunities
- Ability to work on a broad scope of projects ranging from OHT-wide initiatives to single-focus projects and issues
- Fluent in various internal and external communication channels, tools, vehicles and products, traditional and social/digital
- Graphic design expertise an asset
- Capacity to thrive in a dynamic environment, managing multiple competing projects/priorities with shifting deadlines and deliverables
- Team player, able to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization and across OHT partners and build partnership with cross-functional teams
- Can work and travel between OHT partner sites as required, and work virtually (e.g. using Zoom and Microsoft Teams)
Hours Of Work
Must be available three days per week, eight hours per day.
Ross Memorial Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.
Employees must meet expectations for appropriate, respectful and professional conduct, as set out in the RMH Code of Conduct.
Job Types : Part-time, Temporary, Contract