RockMass is a high-growth start-up providing streamlined digital solutions for the industrial sectors of the future. We have a talented and diverse team working together to solve some of the most challenging problems. We are team players who value transparency and thrive on the hard work others put in around us. RockMass is a fast-paced work environment where we are always striving to improve and support each other.
We are building the future of data capture for underground environments, focused on geologists and engineers. By continuously inventing new approaches to mapping using our hardware and SaaS solution, we are improving worker safety and increasing efficiencies throughout the industry. The Axis Mapper is a handheld data collection tool that enables engineers to capture real-time numerical data that feeds directly into Stratus, our cloud database platform.
You will be responsible for managing the marketing aspects for RockMass. Major objectives will include identifying and establishing new digital growth channels, maintaining and optimizing existing marketing channels, and managing a small marketing team. As a marketing manager, you will also be responsible for increasing brand and product awareness across appropriate industries.
Experience in creative design and working within a startup or small teams is an added benefit. You will report directly to the CEO and work alongside the sales, product, and operations teams.
You enjoy facing difficult challenges, you are a quick learner and resourceful, and have worked in startups or small companies before. You've managed marketing campaigns, grown new growth channels, and analyzed the effectiveness of various marketing efforts. You're detail-oriented, organized, creative, a team player at heart, and strongly value communication and transparency. You are naturally curious and motivated by the hard work others put in around you.
As a Digital Marketing Manager with RockMass you will develop a strategy for RockMass to execute upon in the upcoming 12+ months. As part of a startup, you will also be responsible for implementing these strategies alongside the sales and operations teams. Within one year of working at RockMass, you can expect to have accomplished:
- Establish a quarterly and annual (2-year) marketing strategy with an associated budget
- Collaborate with sales and product team to create messaging and positioning for new hardware and software products that are aligned and optimized for full-funnel performance
- Identify new marketing channels and growth avenues to increase qualified marketing leads
- Establish testing plans and measure results of existing marketing channels and optimize channels based on platform and business results data
- Collaborate with external partners on marketing programs
- Manage a small team focused on marketing
- Track and report monthly and quarterly marketing targets to the management team
- Bachelor or Diploma in Business/Commerce/Management, Applicants with marketing experience are also encouraged to apply!
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and can make decisions autonomously
- Highly collaborative team member who is open to new ideas and concepts
- Experience in graphic design and Adobe (or similar) software is an asset
- Understanding of digital marketing campaigns, metrics, and testing plans
Skills and Experience
- Experience in digital content creation
- Experience forming and coordinating marketing strategy and communication plans
- Leadership and management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- A strong eye for detail in proofreading and editing
- Experience in designing, coordinating, launching, and tracking digital marketing campaigns
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Adobe's product suite and/or other visual design software
- Experience with B2B demand generation and/or SaaS experience
- Full-time position which including employee benefits
- Amazing learning environment within a collaborative, diverse, and fun team
- Flexible working hours (our core hours are 10:30am to 3:30pm ET) and flexible part-time remote working upon reopening
- Monthly socials (even while we are remote!)
- Option to take at least 1 long weekend every month (we care about work-life balance)
- Office (when we return) is near St. Lawrence market within a small office building
At RockMass we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and hire the best talent regardless of gender, national origin, orientation, disability, or race. part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons, RockMass will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to all applicants. Please leave a note in the ?Additional Information? section of the application to make any accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.