The Invinity team is growing rapidly, and we're looking for people with a passion for renewable energy to join us at this remarkable point in our growth.
We are an emerging global cleantech leader; well-funded with category-leading technology. Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and one in which speaking up is encouraged and ideas are chosen on merit not who they come from.
People love working at Invinity because we know we are empowered to make a meaningful impact. We're small enough that every team member plays a critical role in our daily business, but large enough that the batteries we build are being deployed at significant scale in landmark clean energy projects around the world.
Whether you are a cleantech veteran or looking to make a career shift, Invinity offers you a chance to work as part of an expert team located across multiple geographies, aligned in our mission to build a sustainable energy future.
Invinity is committed to providing equal opportunities in the workplace and follows a comprehensive Equal Opportunities Policy to ensure all employees are valued and can reach their full potential.
Are you interested in playing a part in the global transition to a renewable energy future, by helping to deploy large-scale energy storage systems?
Do you have a curiosity about complex technical systems?
Are you able to zoom into details, but also comfortable in taking in the bigger picture?
Do you take pride in how you organize your thinking and communicate your knowledge to others?
Do you enjoy developing best practices and helping others become more organized?
Are you someone that is not intimidated by highly technical documents but in fact has a passion for communicating complex process and policy information in a way that is easy to consume?
Are you confident in participating in technical conversations and translating those conversations to living documents?
Invinity Energy Systems, the world's leading vanadium flow battery company, is seeking a Technical Writer to document and organize its technical knowledge. You will be working closely with technical experts within our global organization. This opportunity will bring you the forefront of the latest scientific and technological advancements in the growing energy storage sector.
As the Technical Writer, you will:
- Refine the organizational strategy for Invinity's technical knowledge base.
- Continually improve our technical content and increase internal efficiency and productivity by researching the latest tools and methods, proposing new ways of working, and training others on the new methods.
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams by gathering stakeholder requirements and building consensus but also working independently as needed to develop solutions and troubleshoot issues.
- Grow and maintain a digital library of technical documentation that includes reports, internal and external published scientific papers, technical specifications, operating procedures, drawings, etc.
- Develop and implement templates and procedures for consistent documentation.
- Oversee a formal change management process for product data and documentation.
- Develop policies and procedures for managing content. Serve as a resource for technical staff for locating internal information.
- Work with marketing, professional services, partners, and customer support to ensure all aspects of Invinity's technical content are well documented and communicated to all stakeholders.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience operating in a technical organization.
- General understanding of engineering and science topics.
- Willingness to learn, ability to quickly grasp new scientific and technical concepts.
- Analytical thinking with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. ? Efficient communicator, highly collaborative and a lifelong learner. ? Proficient in Office 365 and MS Teams. ? Experience using project planning software and familiar with organization principals within them.
- Experience and/or interest in energy storage and renewable energy systems, or similar complex technical systems.
- Ability to interact with 2D and 3D CAD software to create supporting pictures and images.
- Experience bringing technical documentation together from multiple technical start up environments considered an asset.
If the idea of joining a world-class development team and helping the world transition to renewable energy is exciting to you. If being a part of a dynamic, global company where the team works with passion but not ego sounds appealing, Invinity may just be where you belong.