Intercity Packers is the largest meat/seafood distribution company in Western Canada and part of Gordon Food Service (GFS) Canada group of companies, who has been recognized by Forbes magazine to be among Canada's Best Employers in 2021. As our innovative business continues to rapidly grow, we are seeking a full time Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative at our Richmond location. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing the best customer service to all of our customers at the Richmond location. If you are a self-driven, flexible, and have a strong passion for joining a successful customer service orientated team, we would love to hear from you!Responsibilities & Qualifications :
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive and process orders/credits by telephone, in person, via fax, email, SPS, EDI, sales answering machine
- Promotion and sales of connected, push or new products
- Initiate sales by calling existing clients
- Checking inventory for product availability, delivery scheduling, and price verification and etc
- Troubleshoot customer service issues and coordinate between internal departments such as Accounting, Assembly, Outside Sales, Dispatch, Processing or Purchasing for a positive outcome
- Print pickup slips and invoices
- Run, assemble and sort orders and reports for various internal and external customers/departments
- Arrange for pickup of orders with correct corresponding paperwork.
- Advising shortages to Sales Representatives and impute orders for appropriate substitutions
- Invoice orders
- Assist arrivals at Reception and the Pickup counter, process order payments and paperwork
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers at all times
- Daily entry and posting of orders and credits
- Product transfers and adjustments
- Other duties as required
Post-secondary degree or diploma is considered an asset
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills and strong computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English language
- Must be flexible to cover 6:00am shifts if needed Our Commitment:
At Intercity Packers Meat & Seafood, we believe in good food and good people. Over the past 5 decades, we have cultivated a rich history of bringing customers high quality, innovative and carefully sourced meat and seafood products along with the best customer service. Our unwavering mission to provide customers the best is reflected in our motto, ?Yes, we do!" As part of GFS Canada group of companies, Intercity Packers offers an excellent remuneration package, which includes Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Attractive Retirement Plan and Great Career Opportunities throughout North America.
To apply, please visit our career site https://careers-intercitypackers.icims.com/ or directly email your resume and cover letter via Isarta.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further review.
*This position has been posted internally and externally*
Intercity Packers is an equal opportunity employer