Position: Communications and Engagement Coordinator
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
- Days (After hours and weekend work may be required, as well as travel between the sites of Grand River Hospital and within the community)
Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Engagement, this role is supports day-to-day operations of the department while ensuring its approach to this work supports the Hospital's and Foundation's strategic priorities and related activities.
With a focus on the needs of the team, and perspectives of internal and external stakeholders, this role is key to the success of the team and its objectives and deliverables.
You will assist in supporting team priorities, and enable the flow of information within the hospital with input from the team. You'll engage with internal and external stakeholders across all disciplines, requiring a good understanding of the importance of high-quality, efficient communication and engagement activities.
- Developing communications (newsletters, posters, updates, emails and intranet content) with support and direction from the team to support team priorities and deliverables.
- Organizing the development of hospital publications and liaising with external design and print vendors as needed.
- Drafting meeting and presentation materials including PowerPoint slide decks.
- Providing social media content, support and metrics development as needed.
- Managing the comms team email box to assist with assigning, tracking incoming requests to the team with support from the team.
- Managing inquiries that come to the team through the hospitals main email box.
- Supporting hospital photo and videography needs.
- Aiding in the development of tools and materials and processes to ensure communications business continuity (filing, development of standard operating procedures).
- Coordinating the ordering of departmental supplies and resources.
- Assisting with coordinating events, town halls, presentations and stakeholder engagement planning and execution.
- Assisting with aligning communications, messaging and timing with hospital partners.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in communications, journalism, marketing or a related discipline
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in communications, journalism, marketing or a related discipline
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms and metrics development
- High level of initiative and critical thinking
- Sensitive to how people organize and function
- Able to organize, prioritize and balance work and multiple priorities
- Ability to effectively cope with change
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Word, Publisher, Excel, MS Project, MS Visio and SharePoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign applications is preferred
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful, accessible and inclusive workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact the Recruitment Specialist for assistance.