Location: Regina, SK Position: Full-time Permanent Posting Closing Date: June 10, 2021
The Business Writer develops, edits, and updates agency policies and procedures and other related documents. The Business Writer will analyze, evaluate, and assess existing policies and procedures. The Business Writer consults with and gathers feedback from key stakeholders for further revisions. The Business Writer updates and manages the Policy Procedure Framework ensuring policies and procedures move through six defined steps. Further, the Business Writer manages the Policy and Procedure Tracking Tables ensuring information is updated and accurate.
Education and Professional Certification
- University degree in public policy, social sciences, English, communications, or related field of study.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience analyzing policy, and writing formal documents.
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form professional working alliances.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to complete tasks independently.
- Strong writing, and editing skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an excellent command of the English language.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to analyze information and draw suitable conclusions.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- A commitment to professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and write agency policies, procedures, and other formal documents for stakeholder review.
- Consult with internal stakeholders and gather and compile feedback for policy and procedures development and revision.
- Edit and update existing policies, procedures, and other agency documents.
- Analyze existing agency policies and procedures for overlap and material organization.
- Develop and present the agency's policy and procedures development framework and processes to senior leadership.
- Gather and assess sample documents for comparative analysis.
- Oversee the movement of policies and procedures through the approval process and assist in finalizing the documents.
- Assist the agency with the accreditation process.
- Develop, maintain, and update documentation such as; policies and procedures, tracking spreadsheets, and other reports. Complete all documentation clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Consult with and provide recommendations to senior leadership and other internal stakeholders in the development of policies and procedures.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and agency standards are being met.
Management of Resources
- Seek to improve processes and enhance services and efficiencies within the department and across the agency.
- Ensure assigned projects are delivered within proposed timeframes and budgets
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions
Travel: Occasional travel required (i.e. agency sites, conferences/training).
Hours of Work: Monday
- Friday during typical business hours.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Salary range for this position is $55,244 to $71,413 annually.
If you have any question, please contact Ryan Labatt at 306-781-1814.