Business Development Associate
- Winnipeg, MB
Farmers Edge is a global leader in digital agriculture delivering cutting-edge solutions powered by a unique combination of field-centric data, artificial intelligence and complete integration.
Since 2005, Farmers Edge has been addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We are a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. The culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, our focus is on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a talented and driven Business Development Associate to join our team of sales professionals.
The ideal candidate will be located near Winnipeg, MB, but we are open to remote work arrangements for experienced candidates located elsewhere in Canada.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this role is focused on generating leads for the sales team and supporting all sales initiatives. The ideal candidate will bring significant B2B sales experience along with a proven ability to establish new relationships and realize sales targets while operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Acquiring new customers from an assigned geography and/or a determined list of prospects.
- Selling products and services to current and future customers over the phone and by email.
- Utilize social media platforms for the purpose of obtaining leads;
- Managing new customers' implementation and managing customers' expectations and satisfaction with the implementation process.
- Ensuring a seamless transition of customer onboarding with sales account managers.
- Remaining current and knowledgeable on all products and services.
- Providing feedback and referring opportunities for growth in products and services to other company sales resources as appropriate.
- Providing support to the sales and marketing teams and initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Significant B2B Sales experience along with a proven ability to establish new relationships and realize sales targets while operating in a fast-paced environment
- Degree and diploma in a related field would be considered an asset
- You are skilled in cold calling and email campaigning as well as generating sales leads.
- You listen. You can recognize the needs of prospective clients and are a solutions oriented individual
Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package. Salary is dependent on qualifications and skill.