At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world's most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian-owned and
- operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than 20 years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount, and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We are currently seeking a Natural Gas Marketing Representative to work in our Marketing department. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills along with a strategic and commercial mindset.
This dynamic full-time, permanent position is based in Calgary and reports to the Manager of Natural Gas Marketing. ARC manages the physical flow of commodities through its Marketing team and currently manages production of approximately 138,000 bbl/d of liquids and 1.2 Bcf/d of natural gas production within Western Canada.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within ARC's Marketing team focused on moving ARC's natural gas to both upstream and downstream markets at optimal netback pricing. ARC has physically diversified its realized natural gas price to multiple sales points including the US Midwest, Pacific Northwest, Dawn, Henry Hub, AECO and Station 2. The position is designed to provide growth and development opportunities through exposure to the various areas of physical Natural Gas Marketing.
- Work within the Marketing team to ensure the successful day-to-day sales and scheduling of ARC's natural gas molecules on various natural gas pipelines across Canada and the U.S.
- Maintain regular communication with field and operations office personnel to understand production and flow plans and remain informed on conditions or constraints that may impact production
- Work with the Gas Marketing team to monitor and optimize ARC's transportation positions on natural gas pipelines
- Maintain current industry knowledge through excel based analytics, monitoring of market trends and peer benchmarking
- Evaluation of physical flows and market developments to identify opportunities for incremental value and revenue optimization
- Assist in the updating and organization of ARC's gas management systems on a timely basis
- Participate in off-hour, weekend and holiday on-call rotation for pipeline balancing and operational queries
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- A university degree in either Commerce, Economics, Finance or Engineering
- A minimum of five years of experience in the energy industry with knowledge of physical or financial gas marketing preferred
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships to achieve business goals
- Proven ability to deliver results under pressure, multi-task appropriately and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills and a strategic thinker with a commercial mind-set
- Superior business acumen and strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel and an ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity and exceptional work ethic
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until June 14, 2021