Cornerstone Co-op invites applications for the position of Marketing & Community Engagement Manager to lead our Marketing team and operation located in either Vermilion or St. Paul Department Support Centre. This full-time position is a member of Cornerstone Co-op's Senior Leadership Team and will report to the Director of Operations.
What you'll do:
- Model the way of demonstrating day-to-day behaviours and actions that align with and strengthen the Co-operative's vision, mission, values, brand, community involvement and focus on safety.
- To effectively Tell our Cornerstone Story through Social, digital media channels as well as through our community events and partnerships
- Create timely and trusted communications directed to our owners
- Ensure Budget is followed regarding Member Relations, Sponsorships and central Marketing campaigns
- Strategically manage all design and marketing components. This includes all 6 social media platforms, 3 websites, newspaper, and radio, coordinating Division needs for CRS programs, completing design requests for Divisions.
- Build Strategies to align with our Retail goals and objectives
- Focus on increasing engagement towards balanced community participation to maximize unique selling propositions
- An active roll on the Member-Owner Relations Board Committee to encourage governance and education programs that promote the Co-operative Model
- Take lead in composing and executing all media and external communications on behalf of the General Manager
- Support, guide and participate in Brand and Sustainability Committees
- Expand number of strategic partners in Cornerstone communities
- Support and increase community donation and sponsorships opportunities, assisting locations with a streamlined approach to track and measure
- Coordinate all events
- parades, tradeshows, volunteers Team events. This includes logistic planning of Co-op parade truck and Branded asset inventory maintenance (tents, gift bags, etc.)
- Support Ownership growth initiatives. This includes online memberships, Owner retention, top customers contacts, etc.
- Engage with Co-op Owners through targeted surveys to solicit feedback and public opinion.
- Host regular virtual workshops to assist Team Leaders with Marketing and Engagement tasks and requests.
- Support Talent & Culture with internal Team Engagement projects such with digital Newsletters, Service Awards, Branding events, etc.
Why it matters:
We need you to lead outstanding Co-op experiences.
Who you are:
- You have an equivalent of 5+ years of related experience or education in Marketing. Social Media and Co-op knowledge is also an asset to the position.
- You have exceptional computer knowledge and extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- You're self-motivated, goal and detail oriented with the ability to set and adjust priorities
- You're honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
- You have a valid class 5 driver's license and clean abstract
Who we are:
In the communities we live, work, and play, we are true genuine leaders because we are a cornerstone of the communities we serve. We foster meaningful and rewarding careers with the ability to learn and advance.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive total rewards package (including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, a company-matched pension, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and an Employee Rebate Policy) in a rewarding and supportive, professional and collaborative work environment.
Cornerstone Co-op is a leader in the CRS, serving 30,000 members from 24 different locations in 8 communities (St. Paul, Elk Point, Two Hills, Mannville, Dewberry, Vermilion, Wainwright & Provost) within a trading area 300 kilometers long in the north-east corner of Alberta.
If this opportunity speaks to you, submit your Co-op application, resume and cover letter by June 18, 2021.
Team Members interested in the above position are to inform their immediate supervisor of their intentions before they approach the contact person. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.