Location: Palliser Education Center
Competition #: 13242
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: May 26th, 2021
Closing Date: June 11th, 2021
Job Start Date: August 16th, 2021
With its central office in the City of Lethbridge, Palliser is a unique public school division serving approximately 8,300 students, ECS through Grade 12, in 52 schools, including 5 outreach programs, 2 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 11 alternative Faith based schools, 17 Hutterite colony schools and one (1) on-line school. Ten of Palliser's alternative faith based schools are located in the City of Calgary. The operating budget for the 2020-21 school year is approximately $97.3 M.
The Division takes pride in serving many diverse school communities across Southern Alberta. We believe diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Palliser is deeply committed to providing learning environments that are safe, caring, inclusive and responsive to the needs of our students.
Palliser School Division invites applications for a Full-Time Permanent Coordinator of Communications and Corporate Services at the Palliser Education Center in Lethbridge, Alberta, commencing August 16, 2021, or a date as mutually agreed between the successful applicant and the employer.
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools, and as a member of the Palliser central office team, the Coordinator of Communications and Corporate Services will be responsible to assist the Board of Trustees, the Superintendent and the Secretary-Treasurer, in fulfilling the general and specific aspects of their roles as defined in the Education Act and Board policy. The successful candidate will manage the Division's communications and events, the Division's web page, social media strategies, and public engagements.
- Under the direction of the Executive Team, manage the Division's internal and external communications, inclusive of news releases, social media, media events, issues management, and the Three Year Plan.
- In consultation with the Senior Leadership, manage the Division's website and social media to ensure both are current and relevant.
- Receives information from schools for inclusion on the website.
- Manage Division Office advertising; assist with school advertising campaign design, as requested.
- In collaboration with Executive Team, Division staff and educational partners, coordinate assigned communication and engagement projects, activities and events.
- Receive information from parents regarding escalated issues; refer details to the appropriate Executive Team member.
- Arrange and provide notice of all Board meetings, including committee and public meetings.
- Attend all Board meetings; ensure accuracy of recording of Board proceedings in minutes.
- Process correspondence for the Board, including filing and archiving of information pertaining to the operation of the Division.
- Provide administrative support to the Board.
- Ensure the maintenance, access, and protection of records in accordance with the FOIPP Act and Regulations.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- High school certification.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in the communication or public relations area.
- Minimum of three years of successful experience in the communication or public relations sector.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrable success working with traditional and social media are essential.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the ?Human Resources? page of the Palliser Regional Schools website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Dave Driscoll, Superintendent;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of three professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open for application until we receive a suitable candidate pool, however, applications received on or before 2:00 PM, Friday, June 11, 2021, will be given careful consideration.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dave Driscoll, Superintendent at via Isarta
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, Human Resource Services at via Isarta
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.