We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we're looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada's largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.ca
The Community and Stakeholder Relations Manager will report directly to the Communications Director and will help manage the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive construction communications and community relations program for the Broadway Subway Project (BSP). The Manager will be an integral part of the Communications, Community Relations, and Business Relations team in support of the Province's overall communication objectives for the Pro
Project Co's scope for communications, community relations, and business relations on the BSP includes the following activities:
- construction and traffic notification;
- enquiry-response management;
- community relations;
- stakeholder relations;
- business relations;
- crisis communications and issues management; and
- media and government relations.
Community and Stakeholder Relations Manager Responsibilities
- Draft public notifications for local communities, neighbourhoods, stakeholders, and the general public regarding construction, construction-related traffic impacts, and incidents that provide clear, consistent, and accessible information for commuters, transit customers, stakeholders, and traffic media.
- Manage and respond to all enquiries related to the Project.
- Develop and maintain an issue log of potential stakeholder and public issues by station area.
- Support the Province's media relations activities by providing accurate information about the Project when required.
- Coordinate and manage all communications and engagement activities with the Province.
- Coordinate and support community and stakeholder relations activities and events with the Province, including responding to community and stakeholder-related requests.
- Plan and attend community meetings and engagement events to provide an update on construction progress and look-ahead for major upcoming construction.
- Initiate and manage regular and ongoing contact with stakeholders regarding construction to identify and minimize impacts arising from construction.
- Proactively manage and respond to day-to-day enquiries and complaints on issues and concerns arising out of construction including notification and timing of construction, traffic impacts, noise, hours of work and construction updates.
- To support increased engagement and information sharing, gather feedback through online, social and digital tools and techniques to support the Province in providing information and responding to enquiries from the online community.
- Notify the Province of any existing or potential stakeholder or community issues identified through stakeholder and community relations activities. Propose, help, and facilitate resolution and mitigation.
- Attend stakeholder meetings, municipal council, and local and regional government presentations and provide any required meeting materials that may be required.
- To maintain a positive working relationship with the Province, local communities, stakeholders, and the general public, coordinate appropriate and experienced personnel to attend meetings, events and/or initiatives as required.
- Coordinate and help develop visuals including graphics, videos, renderings and images as required by the Province.
- Support the Communications Director and the Province with issues management as required.
- Participate in engagement activities and engagement events to discuss design, construction activities, traffic-related impacts, emerging and potential issues at community coffee chats, resident information meetings, stakeholder information meetings etc.
- Participate in a proactive community and stakeholder engagement program that will build relationships and that will provide local communities, neighbourhoods, stakeholders, and the general public with regular information about Project designs, plans, benefits, impacts, and construction.
- Identify emerging issues within communities, neighbourhoods, and/or members of the public and help develop and implement strategies to track, address, mitigate, and minimize any issues or potential issues in consultation with the Province.
- Communicate and arrange meetings in advance with residents and businesses where Project Co requires access to private properties.
- Demonstrate success in understanding the needs and sensitivities of different audiences and adapting appropriate presentation style, writing style, and content.
- Demonstrate best practices in project communications approaches, strategies and tactics.
- Ensuring adherence to Project brand identity in communications internally and externally.
- Support ongoing alignment and collaboration between other marketing and communications teams with joint venture partners during the annual planning process.
Required Skills and Competencies
The Community and Stakeholder Relations Manager for BSP will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Stakeholder and community relations experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills. In addition to being responsible for developing relationships with community members, stakeholders and members of the public, the candidate will be required to work within a large multi-disciplinary construction team.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience working with online database management systems.
- Ability to be sensitive and tactful when dealing with issues, concerns, complaints and comments from community members, stakeholders, and members of the public.
- Demonstrated experience with issues management experience preferably on high profile public infrastructure construction projects in an urban environment.
- Experience working in Construction is an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.