You are a creative thinker who is passionate about achieving great design. You excel at working with others to create digital and print pieces that you are truly proud of, taking the lead on projects and steering them toward success. You have a clear understanding of design as it relates to the end user, and employ a myriad of strategies to make the message as clear as possible. Eager to share your expertise with others, you go the extra mile to ensure not only your own work is well executed, but also that your expertise is shared with others. You excel in meeting deadlines and keeping projects on track, regardless if you are working on your own or with others, and you are ready to take on more design responsibility. You constantly seek out new design challenges, and approach each day ready to adapt to shifting priorities without letting long-term deadlines slip.
Does this sound like you? If so, here are some of the more detailed responsibilities you can expect in this position:
- Design and layout eye-catching pieces using Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft software.
- Design print and digital solutions from concept to completion.
- Work with Graphic Designers and Jr. Designers to support their growth, generate comps, and create final art.
- Manage and maintain company's image library, which includes project photography, staff photography, iconography, stock photography, and corporate logos. Coordinate / oversee the coordination of project photography, ensuring all photography adheres to corporate photography guidelines.
- Create templates and support ongoing internal communications initiatives as required, including (but not limited to) producing graphics for e-blasts, new hire emails, and newsletters.
- Create templates to support team execution of external communications pieces as required, including (but not limited to) advertisements, e-blasts, brochures, reports, presentations, and signage.
- Develop new internal and external graphic collateral (digital and print) as required. Collateral may include (but is not limited to): infographics, case studies, posters, brochures, and presentations.
- Design graphics for promotional material (e.g., hats, golf balls, etc.).
- Provide graphic, digital, and print support for corporate events as required.
- Support digital communications initiatives as required, including website re-development and enhancements for members of the Smith
- Andersen Group of Companies.
- Balance multiple projects and competing requests, including immediate and long-term graphic design deadlines.
- Take the lead providing graphics for presentations, working with engineering leads as required.
- Provide front-end development, wireframes, and prototypes for various Smith
- Andersen internal projects as required (including SAiD / Sharepoint and in-house CRM).
- Provide front-end development, wireframes, and prototypes for the development of websites within the Smith
- Andersen Group of Companies (as required).
- Work with marketing and communications team members to provide recommendations for graphic design alternatives, enhancements, and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with communications manager to strengthen brand identity across all internal and external digital platforms.
- Work closely with communications manager and director of marketing and communications on strategic marketing and communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals.
- Follow brand guidelines to design materials that adhere to the Smith
- Andersen brand; generate new design materials that build brand equity.
- Ensure all marketing and communications graphics are aligned with the Corporate Brand Guide, and obtain appropriate approvals.
Here are a few more qualifications Which will help you with these responsibilities:
- University or College degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, or Digital Arts / Media
- 5+ years of graphic design experience.
- A ?knock their socks off? portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, attend to detail and accuracy, and work within timelines.
- Considerable knowledge of graphic design, printing, production, and front-end web development.
- Experience with a wide range of design software technologies, particularly Adobe Creative Cloud (Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop use on a daily basis), including user experience design through Adobe XD.
- Demonstrated ability to lead integrated campaigns using multiple channels and varying media.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and directly work with clients, offering expertise on graphic solutions and working toward a common end goal.
- Demonstrated ability to keep team members working within established deadlines.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Familiarity with email management systems, such as Mailchimp. Eventbrite, Green Envelope, and Freshmail.
- Experience with and knowledge of Wordpress.
- Experience in print layout and design, including brochures, sell sheets, white papers, and other corporate collateral.
- Strong design eye and skill.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to present concepts and be a team player to achieve the correct design solution.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and internal / external clients.
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines.
Only candidates who include a cover letter will be considered.
For more information about Smith
- Andersen, please visit our website at www.smithandandersen.com.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided to candidates upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process. Successful applicants will be advised of Smith
- Andersen's accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Andersen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Andersen is a trusted Canadian consulting engineering firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, London, Toronto, Ottawa, and Halifax. Founded in 1965, Smith
- Andersen has organically grown from an established reputation as trusted mechanical and electrical consultants, reaching new levels of engineering and design excellence in the communications, security and audiovisual fields, and providing enhanced services such as lighting, building automation systems, and intelligent integrated systems design. Thanks to their client-focused approach, Smith
- Andersen is able to apply efficient, sustainable, and reliable design and engineering solutions on the most exciting projects across Canada. From fully-integrated hospitals and welcoming schools, to healthy workplaces and secure transit stations, their team has established lasting relationships with public and private sector clients across the country.