Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
525 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1, Canada Req #20
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
As a leading full service Canadian law firm, with over 120 lawyers skilled in virtually every aspect of business law and litigation, Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP (BDP) thrives on the belief that every member of the firm forms an integral part in the delivery of service to clients. To continue providing first-rate service, we are looking for a Marketing & Business Development Coordinator join our team. This role is perfect for a Jr Marketing and communications professional who wishes to be part of a fast-moving, fully integrated marketing and business development team based in Calgary. You will be immersed in the business of professional services and will have the opportunity to grow within your role.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
Chief Business Development Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with Firm marketing and business development planning, administration, and project management;
- Performs comprehensive research for event options and current protocols (including COVID-19 safety);
- Leads for firm use of LinkedIn
- Creates and maintains relationships with current & future vendors;
- Assists with email and phone correspondence and/or in-person meetings with various external clients such as vendors, suppliers, venues, caterers, building management, etc.;
- Assists in creating and circulating event invites or RSVPs on the Firm's software (Vuture);
- Tracks and helps coordinate all event response details (including RSVPs, dietary restrictions, promotional merchandise size orders, event reminders, etc.);
- Maintains a detailed Outlook diarization system for event deadlines & due dates;
- Creates and maintains detailed event checklists (including all event aspects such as venue, set-up, take down, food & beverages, promotional merchandise, décor, activities or speakers, all day of coordination tasks, etc.);
- Creates and maintains event budgets;
- Administers all Marketing & Business Development accounting tasks (including paying invoices, sending cheques, entering or looking up payments in the Firm's accounting software (Chrome River/Aderant/Iridium), etc.);
- Attends all firm events as back-up to the Events Coordinator (including set-up and take down which may require overtime on evening and/or weekends);
- Tracks event attendees and enters data into the Firm's CRM (InterAction) for post-event analysis;
- Gathers feedback from Events Coordinator and/or attendees for post-event analysis;
- Provides Events Coordinator and/or hosting lawyer with post-event analysis;
- Orders the Firm's promotional merchandise and maintains the Firm's internal Boutique;
- Assists with circulation of content including bulletins, newsletters and legal updates as needed;
- Ensures up-to-date information for all lawyer and firm practice area profiles in directories, on external websites, and CRM (InterAction);
- Assists with marketing communications, website, media outreach, pitches, social media, and advertising copy as needed;
- Assists with updating deal lists;
- Administers subscriptions to Firm newsletters;
- Assists with administration and maintenance of CRM (InterAction) and Firm Portal;
- Assists with and covers other team duties as needed; and
- Other responsibilities and duties as required.
Required Competencies for Success:
- Communication: Extremely effective verbal and written communication. Readily seeks and provides information; sees value in information exchange. Written communication is concise and clear.
- Team player: Flexible, courteous, and supportive of team mates. Identifies with the larger organization team and their role within it. Shares resource and responds to requests from other parts of the organization.
- Positive Impact: Makes positive impressions of those around them and is optimistic and enthusiastic about what they do.
- Customer Orientation: Takes pride in providing exceptional customer service to, and building relationships with, both internal and external clients.
- Informal Communication: Clearly and articulately coveys information to others in casual or informal situations. Possesses an understanding that the majority of communication is delivered through nonverbal cues, and has the ability to interpret body language accurately and uses it appropriately.
- Organization: Effective at planning ahead, organizing, and prioritizing to maintain multiple tasks.
- Creativity: Resourceful in finding ways to make improvements by challenging pre-existing conceptions and offering alternatives. Generates original ideas and fosters creativity in others.
Education & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business, English or similar;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a marketing/communications role;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Superior communication skills, including strong writing skills and the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively in the current business environment; and
- Graphic design or Adobe Photoshop/InDesign skills are an asset.
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this position?
Are you the right fit with this team?
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted