Requisition ID: 105704
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Training & Communications, the Manager will contribute to the overall success of the training and communications initiatives to promote a positive culture of AML/ATF and sanctions risk management and compliance across the organization ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, standards and procedures.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Training & Communications to execute the Enterprise-wide AML/ATF Training Program and Communications strategy that serves Scotiabank globally.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Training & Communications to solicit feedback, track updates and update content as part of the Annual Global Mandatory Learning Program.
- Prepare timely reporting on training activities for management, including progress reports.
- Obtain data from businesses to create consolidated reports for management, committees and the Board.
- Stay abreast of emerging AML regulatory requirements and work with the Global Policies & Standards team with regards to any required policy/standards changes.
- Assist Business Line CAMLO teams and/or AML/ATF Operational Units (including FIUs) to collaborate on any supplemental or other (non-standardized) AML/ATF training.
- Collect data from me@scotiabank in conjunction with Global Learning & Development to track completion of formal AML training sessions and develops appropriate reports.
- Help coordinate training delivery to meet needs of FCRM.
- Maintain a repository of specialized training resources.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Training & Communications with managing external vendor memberships training and reporting.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Create an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, Enterprise-wide Policies & Standards and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in business or education with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in financial services, preferable in AML/ATF compliance and AML/ATF training or related field or equivalent experience.
- ACAMS designation or working towards the designation is considered an asset.
- Strong communications, organizational, project management and planning skills.
- Demonstrates good strategic thinking, planning and execution ability.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Ability to research viable solutions through existing departments in the Bank or external vendor partners.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with other Bank departments, external parties and Senior Executive Officers.
- Strong knowledge of project planning and tracking techniques and methodologies and market trends.
- Thorough knowledge of related regulatory requirements including KYC, AML/ATF Policies, legislation and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's interactive systems including me@scotiabank, ScotiaLive, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of Camtasia would be an asset.
- Results oriented, highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge and ability to work with graphics and interactions in Microsoft Office or other software.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.