The Strategic Pursuit Manager is responsible for developing and managing the Canadian Government proposal and pursuits, with accountability for the efficient and effective use of resources to support strategic pursuits. S/he is the leader for the Canadian region's overall primary content development and industry strategy focused on government. S/he is responsible for utilizing and/or coaching direct reports on: project management tools and principles; developing strategic and consistent messaging that enhances our ability to differentiate and win new business; providing coaching to pursuit teams for effective written and oral presentations and developing enhanced pursuit materials (EPM), proposal templates and related presentation materials. S/he also serves a strategic resource and quality control reviewer for proposals and related materials.
- Writes original pursuit content and works with pursuit teams to determine key messages (e.g., value proposition, win themes and other key differentiators).
- Evaluates requests andcollaborates with industry/LOB leaders and marketers to craft uniquepursuit content for toolkits, FAQs or unique proposal templates.
- Serves as thefirm's overall primary liaison on content developer and strategy for the government industry, collaborating with firm industry leadership on advancements.
- Partners with Visual Strategy Lead to create Enhanced Pursuit Materials templates in various platforms (including Adobe
EPublisher, InDesign, Ion Interactive, etc.), promotes the use of enhanced tools to various LOB/industry groups and collaborates with marketers to continually build modular EPM content.
- Oversees process to track proposals from development through to completion, including survey evaluation feedback, post-mortem interviews for crown-jewel prospects, tracking wins and losses, to improve future proposal content and preparation process and enhance win rates. Assists the senior director, research and strategy, in extracting lessons learned from proposal analysis and promoting best practices with key stakeholders.
- Reviews final production materials to ensure message quality, format, design and content meet the stated objective and are consistent with firmwide strategy and communication guidelines.
- Conducts market and industry research as needed for customized proposal/presentation content. Collaborates with various resources in gathering and synthesizing competitive intelligence to better position RSM against our top competition.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Understanding of Associated Press (AP)style
- Required: Minimum of 7-10 years of increasing responsibility and substantive and demonstrable business writing experience, including the development of proposals in a professional services environment.
Required: Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to meet daily deadlines and capable of operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Experience RSM. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.