At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world's the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there's no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you'll change, too. You'll be inspired, and you'll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Johnson & Johnson Inc. located in Guelph is looking for a current student to join us in MS&T / R&D as a Technical Writer as well as offering support to the R&D laboratory and formulation aspects (co-op) beginning September 2021 for an 8-month work term. The Guelph plant is one of the many Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies. Johnson & Johnson's brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you'll be able to find a J&J brand: TYLENOL®, Neutrogena®, Johnson's Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization is passionate about innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices.
As a member of the MS&T / R&D team, this individual will:
- Provide support to the Technical Writers, as well as support the formulators in sampling of batches.
- The Technical Writer is responsible for the preparation of accurate and complete scientific documentation for all aspects of the MS&T product development lifecycle from bench-scale to commercialization, both from a manufacturing process/formulation development perspective as well as the analytical chemistry elements.
- The role requires some fundamental understanding of MS&T / R&D processes to assist in the evaluation/interpretation of scientific data and trends to form and document resulting conclusions.
- The role also entails maintenance and management of systems for indexing, storage, and archiving of all scientific documents. Some support for the formulators in the sampling of development batches may be required.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program and eligible to complete an 8-month co-op term at our Guelph manufacturing location (Johnson & Johnson Inc.).
- Preferred majors: Sciences
- Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Physics, Biology or Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry.
- Strong organizational, documentation and communication skills.
- Strong digital literacy: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong consideration will be given if you have sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Minitab.
- Prior experience with pharmaceutical industry / manufacturing would be considered a definite asset.
- Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of the team.
- Proven problem solving and multitasking capabilities.
- You should enjoy working to multiple timelines in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
Someone who takes initiative, has a high level of attention to detail and knows when to seek assistance will be successful in this role.
Canada-Ontario-Guelph-890 Woodlawn Road West
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)