The VP, Digital Marketing & Communications provides leadership and oversight to the digital marketing, communications and community investment teams supporting all regions. The VP is accountable for driving and evolving the digital marketing and communications strategy to drive revenue growth, enhance the First West brand and transform the overall member experience.
Here's what would be included as a part of your typical day
1. Leadership : Provides leadership and direction to the marketing, communications, and community investment teams, including recruitment, onboarding, setting goals and objectives, performance management and career development. Provides coaching and mentoring, identifies areas for growth and ensures team achieves annual goals and objectives. Leads the development, implementation, monitoring and completion of strategic plans and annual budgets.
2. Digital Marketing & Branding : Develops and executes on an integrated brand, product and member framework to advance First West's service to members and clients. Broadens awareness of First West's products and services and increases visibility to key stakeholders by implementing an omni-channel service platform. Develops and executes digital marketing and public relations strategies to cultivate and enhance brand awareness within targeted trade areas. Identifies key challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, works with the First West Leadership Team and employees to recognize internal and external communication opportunities and solutions and defines and executes appropriate strategies to support them.
3. Communications : Ensures the First West communications team is a key collaborator for engaging employees in all aspects of change through communications programs and dedicated support to regional leadership teams as well as large, enterprise-change initiatives. Ensures the team stewards the use and improvement of the credit union's intranet to celebrate people's achievements and maintain a single source of information and instruction. Serves as communications specialist to the First West Leadership Team.
4. Community Investmen t: Guides regional and First West teams to ensure the credit union lives its community values of Lead Well and ensures First West's commitment to leadership is anchored by signature giving programs and initiatives involving employees that make a difference in people's lives. Serves as First West's management liaison to the First West Foundation, a private granting charity that stewards an endowment.
5. Collaborative Relationships : Manages advertising sponsorship and agency relationships. Establishes and grows collaborative relationships across senior leadership, and with internal stakeholders including IT, Enterprise Insights, Risk and Operations to drive the success of the digital channel. Stays abreast of all digital marketing trends and specifically financial industry activity.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or equivalent required
- Master's Degree in MBA or post graduate studies in Sales & Marketing preferred
- 10 years progressive experience in digital marketing and communications; 5 years' experience in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and executing successful digital marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- Proficient with computer software applications e.g. MS Office
- Strong understanding of digital marking trends and emerging technology solutions
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills to lead and motivate a diverse team
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Why work for us?
We offer a total rewards package that recognizes the meaningful work you do to support our members and our communities, which includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation
- Annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as support for retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible ?Day4U? and the option to purchase up to five additional vacation days
- Other financial perks such as our Employee Banking Advantages which includes waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages and no-interest loans on lifestyle-related items that promote health, wellness, learning and business aptitude
In addition, you can enjoy socially conscious perks, like three paid days off every year, to volunteer for causes you care about.
What's your place in the First West story? Apply now and let's find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion :
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.