Ontario Learning Development Foundation (OLDF) is looking for social media coordinators. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing social media posts and campaigns. If you have exceptional writing skills, experience developing and implementing high-quality social content, and are excited about the opportunity to bring fresh ideas into the organization; we would love to hear from you!
OLDF is a registered charity in Canada that performs training and educational services to youths, children, new immigrants, and seniors. We are a non-profit organization with the mission to transform our communities through integrated educational and community-response empowerment initiatives for children, youth, new immigrants and their families.
- Develop social media calendar and strategies that span across multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Write weekly blog posts on topics relating to education and youth empowerment
- Generate weekly metrics reports using standardized tools and craft analyses based on the data and assist in developing recommendations.
- Creatively and proactively engage with our audience online to drive favourable relationships and conversations.
- Monitor conversations and comments across social media platforms to proactively engage with the audience, build a rapport, increase engagement, and address participant issues or questions
- Grow brand awareness among all our social media platforms.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a degree or diploma in Marketing, Creative Advertising, Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations writing
- Experience using Buffer or other scheduling platform required
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to contribute to the growth and increased engagement of social audiences
- An understanding of social communities and cultural differences, as well as the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audience members
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media best practices and metrics.
- Non-profit, specifically peer-to-peer fundraising experience a plus
- Graphic design experience an asset
This required 20-30 hours per week
- 2.5 to 4 months contract
- Due to Covid-19
Kindly apply online if interested with a link to your portfolio and state why you are suitable for this position in your cover letter
Since this is a funded position by Canada Summer Job grants, all applicants must be a youth (citizen, PR or conventional refugee) between 15
- 30 years of age to qualify.
The application deadline is May 31, 2021
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, social media posts or requests to meet, please.