Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation (MSHF) enables the growth of Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) by raising funds and awareness for its priorities and ongoing needs. We inspire to earn the generous support of every member of our community. Markham and Stouffville are the fastest growing regions in Canada and recently declared among the nation's most diverse communities.
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is one of Ontario's leading community hospitals. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children's services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
The Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Community Relations & Events to provide leadership and fundraising skills to our signature and community events program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced event fundraiser who has created and executed signature events with a focus on virtual, hybrid and peer-to-peer and community fundraising events. We are looking for a ?hands on' leader who is looking to make a difference at our community hospital.
Reporting to the Vice President of Community Relations and Corporate Partnerships, the incumbent will be an integral part of building the Foundation's presence in our community through events in support of the foundation's strategic priorities to drive revenue and build capacity in leadership giving and expand our donor base through broader community engagement for sustainable future revenue.
The Senior Manager, Community Relations & Events will oversee, deliver, and monitor the Signature Events programs which will include galas, golf tournaments, virtual events, hybrid events, raffles, peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives and community driven events. The incumbent will develop unique experiences which acquire new donors and deepen community engagement.
Key Results Areas:
- Manage direct reports within the Events team, includes coaching, mentoring and managing performance expectations
- Produce and manage a portfolio of existing fundraising events with a demonstrated ability to create new virtual and hybrid events from concept to execution with an approx. $2M budget and growing, this will include initiative for ethno-cultural communities to build relationships and secure sustainable revenue within diverse communities
- Continually assess event success and results and work to develop new initiatives that will attract the Foundation's target audience to meet strategic initiatives
- Review and assess the current slate of Foundation events and strategize opportunities to generate event revenue and strengthen peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Work with team to acquire, manage and grow partnership and community events and strengthen third party event relationships
- Lead event budgets for all events in your portfolio as well as any direct reports portfolios to ensure targets are met
- Organize, implement and manage all logistical and other details associated with the planning and execution of successful fundraising events including, catering, video and stage production, run of show, day-of-event logistics
- Produce and monitor critical path, timelines and checklists for events and ensure deadlines are met as required for your events, coordinators and volunteers
- Support sponsorship requests and create effective sponsorship packages, presentations and customized proposals to secure sustainable sponsorship and large gift-in-kind donations
- Implement all necessary creative for events including all print, advertisements, digital creative and ensure distribution via strategic allies (including committee, board members and hospital directors) or personally within defined lead times
- Post event follow-up to acknowledge and ensure appropriate donor engagement, sponsor recognition and ongoing stewardship
- Work with volunteer committees, advisory groups and volunteers to coach, mentor and support the fundraising goals of each fundraising program.
- Identify and solicit volunteer committee members
- Maintain and manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, negotiating contracts as necessary
- Monitor and evaluate trends and developments in the non-profit and event industries to identify new program opportunities and enhancements to grow revenue and participation
- Overseeing event gift administration and donation process in collaboration with the Finance and Gift Administration team to ensure timely and efficient processing and Raiser's Edge database management
- Work dynamically with the Donor Engagement & Marketing teams to ensure branding guidelines and execution of marketing and communications and donor engagement strategies are in conjunction with foundation strategic directions and funding priorities which includes supporting the Foundation's print, digital and stewardship activities
- Create a positive work environment, which attracts and retains high calibre individuals
- Minimum 5 years of special events management in fundraising
- Related post-secondary education, preferably in event planning, business, fundraising, marketing, public relations or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- The incumbent MUST BE AVAILABLE to work evenings and weekends, especially during peak event periods. As well as have a valid driver's license and a vehicle as the position requires travelling to offsite meetings and events
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with online fundraising platforms, content management systems and database management (Raisers Edge an asset)
- Experience with online data collection and analysis and report development
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and initiative
- Ability to exemplify managing a team
- Resourceful and independent, yet comfortable working within the framework of an integrated events program and team-orientated environment
- Ability to manage a diverse range of events with efficiency and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, problem solving, writing and analytical skills
- Customer focus to interact with staff, donors, volunteers and members of the general public
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
Markham Stouffville Hospital takes pride in serving some of Canada's most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one's personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.