The Kinark Outdoor Center (KOC) facilitates a range of outdoor education, therapeutic recreation and experiential adventure programs designed to meet the specific needs of its diverse client population. Visiting groups include: children's mental health centers, community living agencies, elementary and secondary schools, colleges, universities, and various organizations serving youth, adults and individuals with special needs. KOC also offers a diverse range of programming for children with an Autism Spectrum disorder including Family Camps, Family Respites and a 5-day summer camp programs throughout July & August. During the pandemic we have pivoted to a successful Camp at Home program, a virtual offering. We are also in the early stages of some significant infrastructure improvement at the camp.
- Social Media Content Manager is responsible for designing and implementing a social media campaign to both inform an existing audience and attract a new audience for our services both online and virtual. A significant focus of this position will be supporting users to understand the value of reconnecting with in-person programs and the safe measures in place to protect all users against covid-19. The successful candidate will be organized, discrete and confidential, a competent administrator, and experienced with implementing social media campaigns. Social media content creation will be a shared responsibility of employees at the KOC with direction coming from the incumbent.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Marketing and developing avenues to reach targeted audiences via social media and other marketing techniques.
- Create and ensure a multi-pronged social media campaign for the participation in virtual and on site programming at the KOC.
- Knowledge about the sectors we serve and our clients; families and children alike.
- Additional support to our leadership team may be requested on a routine basis. Administrative skills such as tracking new hire documentation, tracking employee certification, monitoring office resources,
- checking various data references, and acting as a primary contact for the campcross could enable this position to be supported beyond the 5-month term.
- Work with a team to develop a strategy and acquire the content to launch and sustain a marketing campaign related to program use and the return to on site programming.
- Post-Secondary Education in marketing and sales
- Proven track record with creating and implementing a social media campaign
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Excellence in written, oral, and online communication
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Ability to work under supervision and acquire knowledge from experience.
- Ability to provide expertise in areas in which you specialize.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time-management and communication skills.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French and those belonging to marginalized groups will be given additional consideration