OLDF is looking for a student or a recent graduate to join our media/marketing team remotely for our publications. You will have a hand in managing the day-to-day editorial responsibilities, using your skills and expertise to monitor workflow and support the editorial, media and senior management remotely.
Ontario Learning Development Foundation (OLDF) is a registered charity in Canada that performs training and educational services to youths, children, new immigrants, and seniors. Our mission is to transform our communities through integrated educational and community-response empowerment initiatives for children, youth, new immigrants and their families.
- Represent our publications advertising services to business owners and their management teams
- Make phone calls, send emails, confirm sales orders and communicating what your clients' needs are to the publication team
- Using an Excel shareable spreadsheet to share how you are using your time and your making contacts.
- You must be an organized, resourceful, and self-motivated person to handle the responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
The successful candidate for this role will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, or closely related fields.
- Ability to apply effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work harmoniously and productively with staff and authors.
- Organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail to be able to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Motivated self-starter and a hard worker.
- Flexible hours, approx. 20 hours/week
- Must be available for a 14 to 18 weeks contract
- Salary: $14.50 per hour
- Number of position
- Work from home / Remote work due to COVID-19
Since this is a funded position by Canada Summer Job grants, all applicants must be a youth (citizen, PR or conventional refugee) between 15
- 30 years of age to qualify.
The application deadline is May 31, 2021
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, social media posts or requests to meet, please.