POSITION DESCRIPTION :
AT A GLANCE
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager
- Channel Sales
to join the Legrand Canada Team in Toronto, Ontario. The sucessful candidate will actively manage key accounts by generating new business, managing current and new projects and fostering account relationships. Ability to lead, manage and follow sales cycle from beginning to end is essential. This role will require partnering with other sales channels within the organization to assist with building strong customer relationships to include participation in trade shows, lead follow up and strategic account development inside and outside of assigned region. Knowledge of the Distribution and Direct Marketing Reseller channels preferred.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- Actively pursue new business to penetrate and grow business; confer with potential customers regarding product needs and advise customers on types of products to purchase.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer information in Salesforce.com
- Effectively present (strategic account) information to executive management team.
- Effectively manages current IT/DMR Channel Sales account relationships
- Build and strengthen with key players/decision makers
- Drive annual initiatives for Channel Sales.
- Effectively communicate between internal departments, to manage projects (ie: Marketing, Credit, Management, Engineering, Customer Service, etc.)
- Represent Company at trade shows, trade associations, and client meetings to promote products
- Provide reporting to Channel Sales Management
- Work independently and with a team sales environment
- Assist in resolving customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability
- Advise dealers and distributors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services, secure information on products and customer required specifications
- Provide support to Pro Av Regional Sales Managers with account maintenance, trade shows, lead follow up, events, meetings, communications and correspondence, including document of complex and confidential nature
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct client training events
- Develop (enhance) client presentation materials
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
- Bachelor's degree or other related technical degree
- 3-5 years sales experience or any
appropriate combination of education and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of a CRM tool
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system)
- Ability to interpret standards, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to be customer focused and responsive to questions and needsSales-Account Manager-Channel Sales 6-25-17
- Motivated self-starter who desires success
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize
workload based upon organization or department needs
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with company standards, practices and policies
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects through completion at one time while maintain high attention to detail
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information Company
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
Equal Opportunity Employer