This posting is for 1 temporary, full-time position for up to 17 months
Exciting opportunity for strong Communications and Marketing professionals who have a creative flair in developing content that can educate and influence!
As the Communications and Marketing Specialist, you would be responsible for providing a full range of communications and marketing services and programs to the Recreation Parks and Culture department. This would include developing and implementing communications strategies, recommendations, producing communication materials to a variety of target audiences using a variety of mediums.
- Manage, develop and implement communications and marketing strategies and programs for department business plans, projects, and programs
- Identify emerging issues and opportunities and implement strategies where communication activities can contribute to reaching department objectives
- Forecast, develop, manage and adhere to budget-related to communications and marketing
- Educate and influence behaviour change through effective communications with target audiences
- Write and develop communications including themes, key messages, copywriting services for a wide range of mediums and various audiences, special events
- Inform public engagement and product and service evaluation strategies to identify community need and report on results to support program and service delivery
- Provide direction to department staff in communication and marketing-related decisions
- Provide support and assist with the development of shared corporate communication initiatives as required; examples might include social and digital media, branding, or other new corporate initiatives
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead a dynamic and creative team through excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong understanding of clear marketing and communication principles and experience with their practical application
- Ability to explain complex ideas to audiences unfamiliar with technical concepts and/or requirements
- Ability to write effectively targeting a wide range of audiences in a variety of mediums (print, advertising, media relations, web, social media, and related technology)
- Ability to actively listen to others to identify key issues and opportunities to develop key messages and approach that best meets community need
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work effectively with restricted timelines and changing priorities
- Knowledge of budget process and ability to forecast total costs related to marketing and communication needs
- Knowledge of community event planning and experience with promoting programs and services at public forums
- Must have a degree in Marketing, Communications or related field with a minimum of two years of related experience; or a diploma plus four years of experience
- Expertise and experience in providing marketing and communications services (marketing strategies, communications planning, emergency communications, special events), especially within a public-sector environment
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design and managing corporate social media accounts is required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium package would be beneficial
- IABC or CPRS accreditation would be an asset
- Experience in behaviour driven services would be an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
Competition #167-2021-EXT-RPC closes May 23, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.