Do you have a love for fashion and graphic design? Are you known for your apparel based graphic design experience? Do you thrive in an environment that nurtures creative, resourceful solutions to complex design/project issues that contribute to customer satisfaction and result in successful business outcomes? Do you get excited about working with a team that consistently delivers detailed, quality results?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading because the Graphic Designer
- Apparel and Accessories position at Bishop, an Edwards Company, may be for you. Located in the heart of East Vancouver, Bishop Custom Clothing specializes in designing and manufacturing custom apparel and uniforms for some of North America's leading corporations and creative agencies since 1997. Bishop thrives in a space where "Madison Avenue meets the creation of world class custom apparel."
We are currently looking for a supportive, positive, hardworking and detail-oriented individual who is excited to join our growing team.
The Graphic Designer
- Apparel and Accessories Professional is responsible for creating virtual clothing mock-ups that demonstrate Bishop's creative standards and reflect the client's current brand guidelines. Each presentation deck should resemble the final product as closely as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. Our Graphic Designers are equipped to deal with fast turnaround times using creative and effective digital techniques. You are a highly organized, analytical, detail oriented and supportive team player who understands a small business requires a wide variety of tasks to be completed within tight deadlines and you are willing to put your full effort behind helping us succeed.
Here's what you can expect in the way of specific job duties and responsibilities as well as time allocation estimates:
Graphic Design (90%)
- Create virtual clothing mock-ups and or photo realistic custom apparel mock ups for prospective clients or projects in a timely manner with most work done in Photoshop
- Ensure all designs reflect correct and current brand guidelines including colors, logos, fonts, etc.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials
- Illustrates concepts by designing layout of art regarding arrangement, size and related aesthetic concepts
- Work with the Director of Design and Manufacturing to establish high fashion standards and new trends
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure designs meet graphic standards, generate fresh new concepts, etc.
- Work closely with other Custom Clothing Designers to teach and develop new digital techniques
- Create project templates that enhance production speed.
- Develop decoration mock-ups that can easily be used in presentation decks
- Photograph new samples / styles
- Edit and archive photographs of samples for future projects
Project Management (10%)
- Manage and schedule all incoming design projects working with Director of Customer Sales and Support to prioritize
- Work closely with Customer Service Team or Team Leaders to determine client requirements for each project
- Coordinate specific projects to designers' strengths and follow-up with team to ensure deadlines are met
- Organize and archive all projects for future reference and usage
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, or similar preferred; or graphic design or product development internship and completed Textile & Apparel and/or Graphic Design courses
- 2+ years apparel based graphic design experience is preferred
- Must be highly skilled with vector illustration, photo manipulation, and page layout and have expert-level proficiency with the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) with a STRONG knowledge and emphasise in Photoshop as well as proficient with MS Office programs
- Demonstrated apparel product development or design experience
- Working knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, fit and pattern development as asset
- Experience with color management tools (hardware and software)
- Strong working knowledge of various garment decoration techniques
- Excellent understanding of design practices and values
- Experience with digital cameras and photography practices
- Knowledge and understanding of current social media channels and strategies
- Bonus: experience with HTML, CSS, Wordpress, video production and editing skills
- Ability to work fast and efficiently
- Highly organized, analytical and detail oriented professional
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver results with excellent follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player who can absorb new information and quickly learn new skills and tools
- Willingness to sometimes do tasks outside of typical work scope.
- Hours: Full-time, permanent position (minimum 40 hours per week)
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Our ideal Graphic Designer would carry out their responsibilities while displaying the following key behavioral competencies:
- Results Oriented - Focused on developing and recommending apparel designs that reflect client requirements and are within custom brand guidelines.
- Systematic Attentiveness - Thoroughly ensures all tasks are completed on time and without error utilizing current processes and procedures; including technology.
- Analytical Problem Solver - Effectively and consistently problem solve, and provide/recommend solutions to complex design/project issues that can impact the project.
- Clear Communication - Communication is helpful, succinct and factual, based on design/ project information that is needed by customers (internal and external). Promptly provides information to stakeholders related to design/project issues.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada